ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Solihull 16 August 300+ days

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tvj

ILR Success @ Solihull 16 August 300+ days

Post by tvj » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:00 am

Dear Friends,

Thank God and to all the members of this forum who has been contributing day and night about their experiences and guiding everyone. It would be highly improper if I do not thank the moderators SushdMehta, Vinny and other seniors.

I had a successful ILR application today at Solihull

To summarize my case
  • 5 Year Work Permit
    Original WP Company was acquired (Technical change was submitted)
    300+ absence which happened over 70 trips
    200+ on business travel and 100+ on annual leave
    Applied for ILR on 26 day before 5 Years
This was one of the most stressful times and brought in huge relief today.

The process at the office
  • Token was provided
    Within 15 minutes was directed to the counter
    Submitted the passport and the application form.
    Started reviewing the passports and immediately said, your passport is full of stamps how many days have you been out of the country
    I said 300+, and gave the detailed list of absences and the supporting letter from the company.
    Was informed that this is way over the limit and would need approval from the supervisor.
    The most stressful 10 minutes started, then came the golden words. My Supervisor has approved the absence.
    Then was informed that there needs to be some checks made and was asked to wait.
    Inquired about any change in jobs etc and got all the WP history from their system. (They have a check list with lots of items)
    Asked Life in UK test results (And she said you have scored 100% :wink:
    3 Payslips + 3 Months bank statements
    Co hab documents. This is where I had an issue, since the expectation was 6 document for 6 different sources over the past 2 years. I had 2 years bank statement and the online electricity bills on joint names and others were on my Individual names. But the officer was so accommodating and said do not worry will work this out.

Then the final golden words, all is fine please proceed to Payment.
    Once Payment is done, Biometrics in 10 minutes and then went out.
    In 2 hours got the letter
Once again thank you all. This forum has been like a partner in the whole journey day in and day out. Any time you log in you learn something new.

I would be happy to discuss the details if anyone have any queries.

Thanks
Jay

conan_hn
Newly Registered

Post by conan_hn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:15 am

Hi

Many congratulations.

May I ask if you had to bring your original work permit document please?

Cheers

Conan

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:24 am

conan_hn wrote:Hi

Many congratulations.

Cheers

Conan
Why would you not bring that with you?
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

conan_hn
Newly Registered

Post by conan_hn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:28 am

Because someone told me I wouldnt have to and I didn't believe the guy
wpilr_nov12 wrote:
conan_hn wrote:Hi

Many congratulations.

Cheers

Conan
Why would you not bring that with you?

tvj

Post by tvj » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:18 am

Hi Conan,

Thanks. I had carried the originals and the photo copies but was never asked.

I believe it varies from case worker to case worker on what documents they ask. They have all these documents in their system. The moment they key in the home office reference number, it is giving our history on our past WP applications.

It is important that we go prepared, but the good thing I see in Solihull is they try to make you comfortable and help you out.

Regards

conan_hn
Newly Registered

Post by conan_hn » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:21 am

tvj wrote:Hi Conan,

Thanks. I had carried the originals and the photo copies but was never asked.

I believe it varies from case worker to case worker on what documents they ask. They have all these documents in their system. The moment they key in the home office reference number, it is giving our history on our past WP applications.

It is important that we go prepared, but the good thing I see in Solihull is they try to make you comfortable and help you out.

Regards
Thank you very much for your reply and again many congratulations

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: ILR Success @ Solihull 16 August 300+ days

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:21 pm

tvj wrote:Dear Friends,

Thank God and to all the members of this forum who has been contributing day and night about their experiences and guiding everyone. It would be highly improper if I do not thank the moderators SushdMehta, Vinny and other seniors.

I had a successful ILR application today at Solihull

To summarize my case
  • 5 Year Work Permit
    Original WP Company was acquired (Technical change was submitted)
    Applied for ILR on 26 day before 5 Years
This was one of the most stressful times and brought in huge relief today.

The process at the office
  • Token was provided
    Within 15 minutes was directed to the counter
    Submitted the passport and the application form.
    Started reviewing the passports and immediately said, your passport is full of stamps how many days have you been out of the country
    I said 300+, and gave the detailed list of absences and the supporting letter from the company.
    Was informed that this is way over the limit and would need approval from the supervisor.
    The most stressful 10 minutes started, then came the golden words. My Supervisor has approved the absence.
    Then was informed that there needs to be some checks made and was asked to wait.
    Inquired about any change in jobs etc and got all the WP history from their system. (They have a check list with lots of items)
    Asked Life in UK test results (And she said you have scored 100% :wink:
    3 Payslips + 3 Months bank statements
    Co hab documents. This is where I had an issue, since the expectation was 6 document for 6 different sources over the past 2 years. I had 2 years bank statement and the online electricity bills on joint names and others were on my Individual names. But the officer was so accommodating and said do not worry will work this out.

Then the final golden words, all is fine please proceed to Payment.
    Once Payment is done, Biometrics in 10 minutes and then went out.
    In 2 hours got the letter
Once again thank you all. This forum has been like a partner in the whole journey day in and day out. Any time you log in you learn something new.

I would be happy to discuss the details if anyone have any queries.

Thanks
Jay
any > 90 days absence ?

tvj

Post by tvj » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Hello Ryan,

No. The longest was 70.

Regards

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:52 pm

tvj wrote:Hello Ryan,

No. The longest was 70.

Regards
lucky guy .... i was turned away from solihull having > 90 days and 300 in total all paid n business leave.

CW didn't look any thing else just saw the absence sheet and went inside and come back and said we can't process this application . we don't have authority. I argue a lot but nothing happened :(

yallow

Post by yallow » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:31 pm

ryan2020 wrote:

No. The longest was 70.

Regards
lucky guy .... i was turned away from solihull having > 90 days and 300 in total all paid n business leave.

CW didn't look any thing else just saw the absence sheet and went inside and come back and said we can't process this application . we don't have authority. I argue a lot but nothing happened :(
Was it because of your absence of >90 days then?

tvj

Post by tvj » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:33 pm

ryan2020 wrote:

No. The longest was 70.

Regards

Hello Ryan,

I can say that there was luck involved. The other factor which could have influenced the decision is that I had around 70 trips out of the country, and most of them were over the past 3 years and was like 1 or 2 overnight days. Most of these travel were within Europe and had the detailed letter from my company supporting the travel. I had 2 pages listing entry and exit with passport page no. references. It took something like 10 to 12 minutes for the CW to return with the approval. The point is once they look into absence, rest everything seem to be irrelevant, including your pay, job and all other factors. The moment my passport was opened I was enquired about the absences and they went for the approval.

I have read all your posts. You will get yours through. Dont worry Our prayers are there, it is that you are going through some extended period of stress and good days will definitely be ahead.

Regards

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi tvj,

thanks for the kind reply and positive approach. well my CW come in 2 minute that we can't approve that.

The reason i am stressed is i wanted to celebrate EID with family back home and my friends were waiting for me and i have my childhood friend who is getting married after eid. this is once in life time opportunity anyway

On the top my wife FLR (m) is on hold with UKBA. She can't apply / have job even she has job offer but can't have it.

thank you again for your kinds words. liked them . thanks

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:46 pm

yallow wrote:
ryan2020 wrote:

No. The longest was 70.

Regards

Was it because of your absence of >90 days then?
she just told i have more absence they cannot process and now they processed 300 absences although i had less than 300.

mythbust
BANNED

Post by mythbust » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:05 am

do you have any unpaid leave?

[quote="tvj"]
[/quote]

tvj

Post by tvj » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:01 pm

mythbust wrote:do you have any unpaid leave?
tvj wrote: 300+ absence which happened over 70 trips
have been with the same employer throughout and no unpaid leave.