ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA resident holder travel to EU nation without EEA spouse

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

miki.lil
Newly Registered

EEA resident holder travel to EU nation without EEA spouse

Post by miki.lil » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:16 pm

hi

I have been struggling hard to find a right answer for this, I am Non EEA national and have a Resident document of the UK as a husband of EEA national.My Wife is a EEA national and I am Non eea national residing in the UK. My wife is currently in India for 6 months for naturopathy treatment and she has a return ticket after 6 months. We have all the legimate proofs of relationship since 7 years. I have a question regarding my travel to different country for a short term business trip for 3 days to Sweden .
First question is Do i need a visa as I travel alone without my EEA spouse ?
Second question is that will I have any issue while entering the UK ? As my wife is in India for 6 months and does she needs to be in the UK and working even if I have a stable decent job? Please advise if anybody has been through the similar situation if its a good idea to travel for a short business trip if not I can ask my company to send some body else.

Cheers
Miki

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA resident holder travel to EU nation without EEA spou

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:30 am

miki.lil wrote:hi

I have been struggling hard to find a right answer for this, I am Non EEA national and have a Resident document of the UK as a husband of EEA national.My Wife is a EEA national and I am Non eea national residing in the UK. My wife is currently in India for 6 months for naturopathy treatment and she has a return ticket after 6 months. We have all the legimate proofs of relationship since 7 years. I have a question regarding my travel to different country for a short term business trip for 3 days to Sweden .
Second question is that will I have any issue while entering the UK ? As my wife is in India for 6 months and does she needs to be in the UK and working even if I have a stable decent job? Please advise if anybody has been through the similar situation if its a good idea to travel for a short business trip if not I can ask my company to send some body else.

Cheers
Miki
You can't travel on business alone without a visa as described.

Whiles, your wife can be absent for up to six months per year (or 12 in certain circumstances); she needs to be exercising treaty rights in the UK (student, self-sufficient, worker). Is she and if so ask yourself how?

ssmcss
Newly Registered

Post by ssmcss » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:34 am

You need visas for wherever you will go without your Mrs.

miki.lil
Newly Registered

Post by miki.lil » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:31 am

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:
miki.lil wrote:hi

Cheers
Miki
You can't travel on business alone without a visa as described.

Whiles, your wife can be absent for up to six months per year (or 12 in certain circumstances); she needs to be exercising treaty rights in the UK (student, self-sufficient, worker). Is she and if so ask yourself how?
Hi Thanks for the reply , appreciate it!

She needs to be exercising treaty rights in the UK .. that means in her current situation she is self-sufficient with some savings of her own as she had to leave her job for 6 months of treatment and I have a decent job and I support her is it still considered as a self-sufficient?

[/quote]

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:57 pm

miki.lil wrote: She needs to be exercising treaty rights in the UK .. that means in her current situation she is self-sufficient with some savings of her own as she had to leave her job for 6 months of treatment and I have a decent job and I support her is it still considered as a self-sufficient?
She may still be a worker in these circumstances. Read the directive 2004/38/EC, the requirements are all listed there.