ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR (M) Proof of Finances

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

christinajones
Newly Registered

FLR (M) Proof of Finances

Post by christinajones » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:03 am

Hi Everyone,

I am going to the Liverpool PEO in September to apply for a FLR(M) unmarried partners visa.

In regard to the financial requirement, I will fall under category B of 'salaried employement', as I will have just started (like a few days before) a new job making £23,000 (gross annual income). I will have held my previous job for a year, making £16,500 (gross annual income).

Now, I know I will need to combine my partner's income with my previous income of £16,500 to meet the £18,600 requirement. Just wondering, my partner is self-employed as a sole trader - is it acceptable to rely on his income as well as my category B salaried income to meet the financial requirement?

Sorry if that was confusing - it's so difficult to make sense of the Appendix!

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Christina

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:14 am

The rules are a bit confusing in your circumstances:

- Probationary period
- Old job have less salary

I would understand that you may need a letter of employment from your employer. The UKBA rule says where your salary is not the same in the last 6 months, the lowest of the salary will be used for calculating your eligibility.

I would suggest that you combine yours and your spouse's salary with all the relevant documents for proof to meet this requirement. No matter if your partner is in a different category of employment. Just provide all the documents required in both the categories apply to both of you and combine the salaries.

Best of luck.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised