ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO Appointment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PaulT
Newly Registered

PEO Appointment

Post by PaulT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:22 am

Hi,

I've just booked an appointment at a Public Enquiry Office for my partner's SET(M) visa application. She is applying as my unmarried partner.

We have no children, so when registering, I selected "none" for the number of dependants. On the booking conformation, it says the number of people attending the appointment is "1".

On the UKBA website, it says I should attend the appointment with her, so do you think there will be any issues when I turn up if the booking say's it's only for one person?

Cheers, Paul.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:41 am

It says one person because there is only one applicant but they expect you to be there.

utest
Newly Registered

Post by utest » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:13 am

Is it compulsory that the sponsor must attend with Partner while applying for FLR(M)

If so can u please give me the link where it is specified so in the UKBA website

Your help would be appreciated.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:17 am

Although it may not be compulsory to be present for the sponsor, however case workers can be fussy sometimes and may delay the application.

If there is something more important work then the VISA, its your choice to no attend.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

utest
Newly Registered

Post by utest » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:37 am

Thanks for the quick reply

My Sponsor will be applying for ILR on 29th of August and I have booked an appointment on 30th of August for FLR(M) application

Can I attend with him on 29th of August, will I be allowed on the same day of his application?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:16 pm

utest wrote:Is it compulsory that the sponsor must attend with Partner while applying for FLR(M)

If so can u please give me the link where it is specified so in the UKBA website

Your help would be appreciated.
They expect you to be there. If you are not there they would want a letter explaining why.

PaulT
Newly Registered

Post by PaulT » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Greenie wrote:It says one person because there is only one applicant but they expect you to be there.
Thanks for your reply and for helping to clarifying this.