ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What visa should I apply for new born child in India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Cf_firefly
United Kingdom

What visa should I apply for new born child in India

Post by Cf_firefly » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:26 pm

Hello Everyone ,

Me and my wife have got ILR and we are expecting our first child in Feburary 2013 and we are planning to have delivery of our child in India .

When i apply for visa for my child to come to UK , what category does the child's Visa fits in ?

I am aware that if we have our child born in UK , the child will be eligible for British citizenship as per section 1(3) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /borninuk/

Can someone guide me ?

Thanks
Firefly

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:57 am

Cf_firefly
United Kingdom

Post by Cf_firefly » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:01 am

Thanks Lucapooka for Homeoffice guidance links

ouflak1

Re: What visa should I apply for new born child in India

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:35 pm

Cf_firefly wrote:Hello Everyone ,

Me and my wife have got ILR and we are expecting our first child in Feburary 2013 and we are planning to have delivery of our child in India .

When i apply for visa for my child to come to UK , what category does the child's Visa fits in ?

I am aware that if we have our child born in UK , the child will be eligible for British citizenship as per section 1(3) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... /borninuk/
Congratulations and good luck. Just a point of clarification. The child will not be 'eligible' for British Citizenship if they are born in the UK. They will automatically be a British Citizen at birth if they are born in the UK. That's probably what you meant (since you provided the link), but sometimes people get these things muddled a bit.