ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cheque returned due to insufficient fund

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dave123
Newly Registered

Cheque returned due to insufficient fund

Post by dave123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:28 am

Hi All,

I have applied for my Tier 1 renewal on the 15th June 2012. Acknowledgement letter was sent 2 weeks later - end of June. However, due to a mistake on my cleared funds at the bank, my chequed was returned unpaid to UKBA.

Since then, I have done my biometrics 1st week of July and haven't heard from then yet.

Anybody knows what will happen next? I have tried to call them and the standard reply is that the case worker will get in touch with me and so far nothing happened.

What should i do?

Thanks for your help.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Cheque returned due to insufficient fund

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:38 am

Your post lacks information. Was it just the check that was returned or the entire application? Was there a letter and what did it say?

dave123
Newly Registered

Post by dave123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Sorry - i didn't received any letter from UKBA. Actually, when I checked my bank account, ifound the cheque was bounced and i called the bank to know why.

But nobody from UKBA called me and i have done my biometrics already and still waiting.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:15 pm

dave123,

This is the first time im hearing a case where acknowledgement and biometrics letters are sent and payment failed after that.

I thought that UKBA will send acknowledgement only after payment is successful.

Strange afaik.

Cheers

dave123
Newly Registered

Post by dave123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:24 pm

what should i do in this case?

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:31 pm

If your acknowledgement has a reference number or case worker contact, just call them and explain the situation and try and send the payment details page alone with assured payment something like Banker's draft.

But speak to them first and politely request that you will send the payment again.

Try search in the forums for any payment failed cases.

Thanks

dave123
Newly Registered

Post by dave123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:41 pm

Thanks

Pending2012
Newly Registered

Post by Pending2012 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:52 pm

I have had a similar (but NOT identical) situation the first time I applied - I received an acknowledgement letter from UKBA for my application (back then they didn't have biometric requirement) with a reference number, but then no payment was ever taken from my bank account. After about 2 months, I checked the photocopy I kept of my application, bank details were correct and called my bank to confirm that no payment had been rejected - so it looks like it may have been an error on the part of UKBA (for example, entering the details incorrectly or something).

Ring UKBA and check with them that they have your application! You need to verify that they have your application and that you exist on their system. In my case, I had a reference number on letter headed paper from UKBA and everything, but this reference number and my details did not exist on their system and turns out that UKBA lost my application, passport and original documents!

If UKBA does have your application, you should politely request that payment be resent. If you have a decent caseworker, they may let you do this, but otherwise you will have to start again unfortunately.