ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Interview completed, now what??

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zackisback06

Interview completed, now what??

Post by zackisback06 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:42 pm

I applied to be" British citizen by decent" from abroad in the U.S. through my father who is a "British citizen otherwise than by decent". My dad attended & completed the interview at the embassy in New York City who sent the results of the interview to the embassy in Washington D.C. where my application is located a couple of days ago on August 15, 2012. When will a decision be made & how long will it take before I hear that decision or receive my passport? I also email the embassy in D.C. and have yet to receive a response.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:52 pm

I'm intrigued as it's normally obvious when a person is British by descent and they simply apply for a passport. There is no other application as such, unless you are referring to registration as British, which is something entirely different. So, given that you have gone through something that is unusual, I don't think anyone can comment on the time frame before they agree or disagree that you are British.

zackisback06

Post by zackisback06 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:52 pm

to Lucapooka yes I agree it is quite intriguing, they already agreed/confirmed that I am British under this complex situation/circumstance, but the embassy insisted they had to confirm my dad's identity before they issued my passport, which was the purpose of the interview.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:02 pm

It would help if you stuck to your original thread.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#632827