ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can sister in law apply extented eea family member Rc

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cutesmile
Newly Registered

Can sister in law apply extented eea family member Rc

Post by cutesmile » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:52 pm

My 20 sister year old came this month on chairty visa till end of november 2012.i have some question i am married to eu national and she is exercising treaty right in uk.i have got 5 years residence card.

can we as a couple apply extented family member of eea for her?(sister in law)throgh my wife eu passport.

i ill be very thankful if i get some useful information,how we could we apply eea rc for her

Thank you

keffers
BANNED

Post by keffers » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Yes, but you will have to demonstrate that she was part of the EEA national's household or that she was dependant on the EEA national or their spouse in the country from which she has come.

As she is not your daughter, age is not relevant.

The household membership and/or dependency must still be existing while she is in this country.

The obvious question would be why a family permit was not applied for before she travelled to the UK as she would have had to satisfy the same requirements she will have to in order to qualify for a RC.

There are Tribunal decisions relating to such matters.

see: http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/IAC ... geria.html

cutesmile
Newly Registered

Post by cutesmile » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:42 pm

does any body knows the good solicitor who deals into the eea rc applications for the extended family members.

can anybody suggest us what all formalities we have to do and what all documents we have to submitt to homeoffice.

what is the best way to deal the situation that we have not applied for the family work permit from the home country.

your help will be really appriciated in this matter .

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:56 pm

I believe you will need to establish whether or not your sister is eligible before proceed with a lawyer.

To qualify as an Extended family member, your sister will need to show she was dependant on you in the country from which she came, and has continued to be dependant or members of your household in the UK.

Provided she can establish that, then the Secretary of State may issue a Residence Card if in all the circumstance it seems appropriate to do so.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

cutesmile
Newly Registered

Post by cutesmile » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:24 pm

Any sucessful cases?i was supporting her and i was sending the money but i don't have many evidences apart from few western union slips which she had a joint account with my mother.but account shows money is coming.as i have been got my rc last 8 months and i was supporting her last few months and now she came on chairty visa,and i don't want to send her back and i could support her here in uk.

please guys tell me how i can prove all these?and what documents i should be providing from here in uk?

Big favour and i ill be thankful to everyone help here on this website.

THANKX