ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Visa Funds requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

omar78
Newly Registered

Post by omar78 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi
i think if you have low balance you can show your dependent statement. For an example your balance is £200 but your wife maintaning a minimum balance of £1333 for the three months, and that should be ok

eea_noneu

Dependent Maintenance Funds When applied Separately

Post by eea_noneu » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:14 pm

Hi All,

For separate Tier 1 Dependent application - In country Main Applicant staying for over 12 months.

Is it GBP 533 only or GBP800 + GBP 533

My Tier 1 General Extension application (Main applicant) is under process.
GBP 1600 fund maintained since 10th Oct 2011 to 23 Jan 2012 after that GBP800 maintained tilldate, I applied for my extension while my wife is in India on 2nd Feb 2012 still didnt attended for my Bio-Metrics.

Now my wife came and want to apply for her as her leave expires on 26th March 2012.

Please advice?

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:19 pm

QuickSam wrote:The amount of £800 for main applicant and £533 for dependant is valid in a case when both are applying for an extension at the same time.

For a fresh dependant application (when main applicant has been in UK for more than 12 months) you just need to show £533 in your account for 90 days. You can show the additional £800 just to strengthen your case but this is not mandatory.

Exerpts from the UKBA guidance

"If the main Tier 1 (General) applicant or migrant has been in the UK for less than 12 months, you must show that you or they have at least £1,600 to support you, in addition to the funds needed to support them.

If the main applicant or migrant has been in the UK for 12 months or more, you or they must have at least £533 to support you."

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ent-funds/
This is absolutely incorrect information. When you are applying for a dependant visa whether you apply together or not you must proove that each of the family member have maintanenece funds in the bank. You need to show 800+533. Go to the link and open the policy guidance PDF file and you will see.

The OP cannot apply for dependent with 533 pounds

eea_noneu

Post by eea_noneu » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:34 pm

Hi Varghese,

iii) Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for at least three
months. The letter from a bank or building society should show:

•the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children
only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
•the account number;
•the date of the letter;
•the financial institution’s name and logo;
•the funds held in the account; and
that the funds have been in the bank for at least three months and the balance has not fallen
below £533 or £1600, as in the examples above, at any time during the three month period.

Letters that simply state the balance in the account on a particular day or an average balance over
the three month period are not sufficient.

eea_noneu

Post by eea_noneu » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi Varghese and All,

Please give an advice and interpret this from Page 16 of the Policy document.

iii) Letter from bank confirming funds and that they have been in the bank for at least three

•the name of the main applicant and/or the family member making the application, or (for children
only) the name of the other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom;
•the account number;
•the date of the letter;
•that the funds have been in the bank for at least three months and the balance has not fallen
below £533 or £1600, as in the examples above, at any time during the three month period.

Letters that simply state the balance in the account on a particular day or an average balance over

varghesejim
India

Post by varghesejim » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:45 am

eea_noneu wrote:Hi Varghese and All,

Please give an advice and interpret this from Page 16 of the Policy document.

•the account number;
•the date of the letter;
•that the funds have been in the bank for at least three months and the balance has not fallen

That section explains about the documents required for maintanance funds. There is a section for maintananece funds requirement itself(page 10). When looking for maintanence requirement, look at the section corresponding to that, and when looking for what documents are accepted for maintenence requirement look at the corresponding section. It is impossible to cover all aspects of maintanence funds whereever it is referred.

mrbond009
Newly Registered

CHange of rules from July 2012 for dependeent

Post by mrbond009 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:11 pm

Dear Friends,

I heard there are change in rules for dependents after July 2012.
I checked the UKBA website but the details are really confusing.

1, I am on Tier 1 2nd extension and it ends Aug 2015 which leads to ILR.
2, My wife is on PSW and her visa end on Feb 2013.

For now I am earning 25K ..Is there any Min Salary we must earn??

Below is the check List,

1, Sponser Letter from me
2, My wife letter to VFS
3, My 3months payslips, Bank statements and Letter from Employer,
4, Bank Balance of £533 for 3months But I am showing more than £1000
5, Tenency agreement, Council letter, Gas Bill and NOOBJECTION letter from Landlord/..

Are there any Imp stuff I missed??? Please help me as I am planning to Drop her visa By end Of NOv..

My concern is mainly about salary
Harish