ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

misleading letter from ukba

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eea2june2012
Newly Registered

misleading letter from ukba

Post by eea2june2012 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:25 pm

I received all my documents back from ukba after 7 weeks with an accompanying letter stating that I applied for a "Registration certificate" as the spouse of an EEA national.The letter went on to say that in order for me to qualify under immigration (EEA) regulations 2006 I should send a fresh EEA1 application with a current letter from my spouse employer and current payslip dated within six weeks of application.
1 The issue is I applied for Residence card using form EEA2 as I am a non EEA/EU citizen so don't know why on earth they would tell me to use form EEA1 and say i applied for Registration Certificate.
2 All the documents they requested was already present in the initial application so don't see any reason whatsoever to request new documents and therefore return all the documents back.
Can any one share their view on the next step to take and what must have prompted this misleading and unjustified return of my documents.
thanks
Last edited by eea2june2012 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: misleading letter from ukba

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:04 pm

eea2june2012 wrote:I received all my documents back from ukba after 7 weeks with an accompanying letter stating that I applied for a "Registration certificate" as the spouse of an EEA national.The letter went on to say that in other for me to qualify under immigration (EEA) regulations 2006 I should send a fresh EEA1 application with a current letter from my spouse employer and current payslip dated within six weeks of application.
1 The issue is I applied for Residence card using form EEA2 as I am a non EEA/EU citizen so don't know why on earth they would tell me to use form EEA1 and say i applied for Registration Certificate.
2 All the documents they requested was already present in the initial application so don't see any reason whatsoever to request new documents and therefore return all the documents back.
Can any one share their view on the next step to take and what must have prompted this misleading and unjustified return of my documents.
thanks
It would appear to be a mistake. Write back, pointing that out. Ask for immediate priority as per their guidance.

Have you received your COA?

eea2june2012
Newly Registered

Post by eea2june2012 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:24 pm

No COA has been received to date.In fact I requested by phone calls and followed it with a special delivery letter demanding that a COA should be issued immediately after almost 7 weeks of waiting according to regulation 17 (3) prior to receiving their misleading letter and to my surprise their misleading letter was dated 2 days after my letter.