ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Kindly Help with MN1 form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tiamaria89
Newly Registered

Kindly Help with MN1 form

Post by tiamaria89 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:16 am

Hello,

I also need some help in filling up the MN 1 form. I am confused with a few things so would appreciate some assistance and guidance please.

This is my present situation :
I have just received my ILR (Set M) for myself and my child dependent. We plan to apply for British Citizenship in the next month or so being in the country for almost 5 years now. I have remarried but my husband has not officially adopted my daughter. We are no longer in contact with my child’s biological father who seem to have a new family now.

Question 1.21 – 1.29
( stated also that if one or both are not the biological parents, please provide details of the biological parents on page 13)

a) do I indicate my husband’s details who is my child’s stepfather and provide details of the biological father on page 13 of the form ? Or
b) do I provide details of my child’s biological father but indicate Not Known on the address and contact details ?

Section 5: Consent to the application
(The MN1 Guide states that “In case of widowed, divorced or separated parents, this only applies to one parent. “ p. 27)

a) If I do (a) indicate my husband’s details ( my child’s stepfather) will he be required to sign ? Or
b) If (b) I will be the only one who will sign since I am divorced given what is stated in the guide?

I would truly appreciate assistance on this because I find the instructions a bit confusing. Thanks

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:51 am

Your new husbands details are not relevant. You need to put the child's biological fathers details on the form in section 1.

tiamaria89
Newly Registered

Post by tiamaria89 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:56 am

Ok, Thanks for clarifying that.:-) So is it ok to just indicate "NOT KNOWN" on the contact details since we really do not know it any longer ?