ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employer letter not addressed to home office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

t2ictilr
Newly Registered

employer letter not addressed to home office

Post by t2ictilr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:50 pm

Dear All,

I am on a T2 (ICT) and completing 5 yrs by end of this year. Planning to go for ILR. However as per SET(O) documentation, i am supposed to provide an employer letter, stating pay, soc code etc.
However i am sure that my employer would not give that as they wont encourage us to take ILR.

However i can get a letter if i ask for a different purpose like home loan, tenancy agreement. In that letter, they will not address obviously home office, but will mention 'to whome so ever it may concern' and also at the end of the letter, they will mention, that this letter has been issued for the purpose of home loan, tenancy agreement.

Can i use this letter to home office as an employer letter. I can the rest of the documentation ready
like pay slips, 4 P60's etc

CAn any one suggest going to ILR via a law firm?

Regards
T2ICTILR Seeker

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: employer letter not addressed to home office

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:51 pm

t2ictilr wrote:Dear All,

I am on a T2 (ICT) and completing 5 yrs by end of this year. Planning to go for ILR. However as per SET(O) documentation, i am supposed to provide an employer letter, stating pay, soc code etc. and that you will be employed until the foreseeable future
However i am sure that my employer would not give that as they wont encourage us to take ILR.

However i can get a letter if i ask for a different purpose like home loan, tenancy agreement. In that letter, they will not address obviously home office, but will mention 'to whome so ever it may concern' and also at the end of the letter, they will mention, that this letter has been issued for the purpose of home loan, tenancy agreement.

Can i use this letter to home office as an employer letter. I can the rest of the documentation ready

Regards
T2ICTILR Seeker
You know what the letter needs to say, so why add that last bit? Don't overcomplicate things
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

t2ictilr
Newly Registered

Post by t2ictilr » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:

I am on a T2 (ICT) and completing 5 yrs by end of this year. Planning to go for ILR. However as per SET(O) documentation, i am supposed to provide an employer letter, stating pay, soc code etc. and that you will be employed until the foreseeable future

Regards
T2ICTILR Seeker
You know what the letter needs to say, so why add that last bit? Don't overcomplicate things
Hi,
Since my employer is not willing to provide the letter in the required format, i am trying to find an alternate way.
Hence i am asking if the home office will agree for the letter, which is addressed to 'to whom so ever it may concern' and is issued for a different purpose

Regards
T2ICTILR Seeker

riteshk123
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT ILR

Post by riteshk123 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:53 pm

I am having the same query.

Can you please tell in what format the letter should be?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:39 pm

t2ictilr wrote:Since my employer is not willing to provide the letter in the required format, i am trying to find an alternate way.
Hence i am asking if the home office will agree for the letter, which is addressed to 'to whom so ever it may concern' and is issued for a different purpose.
I don't see how what you are suggesting can work even if the letter is addressed to "whom it may concern" because you need to have the details that are mentioned in the SET(O) guidance to be stated in the letter (See below - page 41 in http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf). In addition to that you will need to have an address in the letter, and this will need to be that of the UK Border Agency. I.e. you cannot seriously expect a UKBA case worker to accept a letter that is addressed to a different company/person, i.e. loan company or estate agent, as you have stated.

On a seperate note, have you asked your employer for this letter? And if so have they refused to to give it? If so what was the reason given?

A document from the employer named in your current work permit containing the following information:
- confirmation that you are still required for the employment in question, and
- the nearest applicable Standard Occupational Classification (SOC) code which best describes your employment
- Your current rate of pay (this should be given in the same format as given in the codes of practice, for example hourly rate or yearly salary), and
- confirmation that this is at or above the appropriate rate for the job as stated in the codes of practice for Tier 2 sponsors. (See note 9 of page 41 of this form).

tvj

Post by tvj » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:10 am

I agree with cs95, even if it is addressed to Whomsoever it may concern,
the letter needs to contain the SOC code, the rate, your pay, date of joining and that you are needed in the future. It also needs the confirmation that you are paid at or above the standard rates.

CW reads this letter and take the points noted in this letter and write it in their check list.

riteshk123
Newly Registered

Post by riteshk123 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:29 pm

Thank you cs95tdg and Tvj for the answers.

I am planning to have the letter addressed to UKBA Home office.

Could you tell me what should be the name and address on the top?
Whether it should be UKBA Home office or of the PEO office I'll be visiting?

tvj

Post by tvj » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:20 pm

Hi Ritesh,

I dont think the 'To Address' is a Major issue, I had addressed to the PEO but I have seen other posts where it was addressed to Home office or To whomsoever it may concern.

The key factors are the points mentioned earlier which needs to be in the Letter

All the best.

Regards

nikimmi10
Newly Registered

Post by nikimmi10 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:12 pm

Hello T2ICTILR Seeker,

Could you please let me know hows your ILR application goes. I am in the same scenario as you. Did you manage to get the Employee letter stating the immigration rules for ILR? If yes than what sort of details in the letter and how did you manage.

Appreciate your response.

Thanks,

I am on a T2 (ICT) and completing 5 yrs by end of this year. Planning to go for ILR. However as per SET(O) documentation, i am supposed to provide an employer letter, stating pay, soc code etc.

Regards
T2ICTILR Seeker

t2ictilr
Newly Registered

employer letter

Post by t2ictilr » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:56 am

Dear nikimmi10 and others in the Group,

MY ILR is done successfully and received the BRP cards yesterday.

Regarding the letter, my organisation gave it.
Points to note
1. It is just addressed to whomsover it is concerns
2. It just says the role(as per my CoS) and Soc Code
3. Purpose of issue of the letter is not mentioned.

I think the letter is required, but i felt they are not interested on the exact wordings. They would be satisfied if it is mentioned thatyou are reqired to continue , your current pay and your role and SoC code seem to be sufficient.

I take this opportunity to thank all the moderators and the people who responded to my queries and helped me build my case.

Regarding my second son's ILR, they took a declaration from my wife that she is OK to grant ILR under my visa. This is the only additional thing that i should have been prepared. Since my wife was also with me at the interview, she wrote a letter there itself and gave it.

Regards
Anil