ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted at PEO Solihull

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

ILR Granted at PEO Solihull

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Dear All,

First of all, I am very thankful to all the members of immigration board specially the moderators Sushdmetha, John, Vinny and Casa.

I have booked an appointment for 15 August 2012 for PEO Solihull. This was booked exact 42 days before the appointment date. The time of appointment was 10 AM.

My case was 2 Year HSMP and 3 Years Tier 1 General. I came to UK, 47 days after my Entry Clearance date.

I have prepared the following documents to take with me for the appointment.
1. Cover Letter
2. Application form SET (O)
3. 2 photographs of me and each dependants
4. Accountants Letter showing my complete income, with details of me salary each month and my Limited company profit.
5. Invoice Summay
6. Limited company accounts with details of my earnings, expenses and profits. I am simply drawing the money from my business account to my personal account and NOT by dividends and monthly salary.
7. Pay Slips from my First Employer
8. Payslips from my Second Employer
9. Personal Bank Statements
10. Invoices with copies of cheques and deposit slips
11. Business Bank Statements
12. Contracts of business
13. NI Contribution receipts
14. P60 and Employment History
15. LIUK Certificate for me and my wife
16. Passports
17. Approval Letters
18. Certification of Incorporation of Limited Company
19. Reports I made for my personal business
20. Cohabit documents (TV Licence, NHS Letter, Mortgage Letter, Water Bill, City Council Bill)
21. Photocopies of every thing

On the day of appointment I reached PEO Solihull at 0800 in the morning and parked my car in the Touchwood Shopping centre. Took my children to the shopping centre for them to get freshen. After that come back and waited in the car.

At 0905 Hrs, started our walk to PEO. Reached there at 0909 HRS after security check issued the ticket number 208. I was the first one for the settlement application and although my appointment is at 10 AM, I have been called by the case worker at 0920 Hrs.

I reached the counter 5 where my case worker lady was waiting for me (this is next to the payment booth of PEO). We greeted each other and she straight away means business. She is very professional and asked for my Application form, photos, passports and LIUK certificate. She checked the Application form version, my entry to UK date and then checked the LIUK certificate. I have asked her, How much we scored? She said you scored 22 and your wife scored 18. Then she opened the previous earnings page of the application form and said to me, “Let’s take it to the next level”

She asked for my pay slips. I handed over her my payslips. She pulled out her calculator from her drawers and start counting the gross pay from my payslips. Then she took the payslips from my second employment and added the gross pay from there as well. Then she asked for my personal bank statement and checked the net pay of each pay slips.

Then she asked for all the invoices and added all the income. Then she asked for the business bank statement and start verifying the income using invoices. REMEMBER FOR THE WHOLE TIME, SHE IS IGNORING THE ACCOUNTANTS LETTER. After checking the invoices amount with bank statement, she started checking the amount transfer from my Business account to Personal account. At this point she asked my MOST unexpected question. Where is you all income going from business activity. I told her that I have mortgaged my house in March and I have collected all the money and handed over to bank. I have sorted loans from my friends and now I am returning them loan every month. This satisfied her and she asked for all the cohabitation documents.

She selected TV Licence, Mortgage letter, Bank Statement for me and my wife, Water bill. She asked for copies of all the documents.
Then she said that she is going to check my Criminality Record. She took my passport and my wife’s passport to the room behind her. She come back after 5 minutes, returned all the passports and said the golden words. I AM GRANTING YOU ILR AND YOUR BRP WILL ARRIVE BY POST. Please make payment now.

I made the payment, went out and met my family in waiting area. We have been called for our Biometrics and then we have been told to come back after 2 hours.

I went back after two hours and collected my original documents and approval letters.

It was a great experience…No P60 or employment history was asked for.

If anyone needs any information, then can send me a PM or Email me.
The question is... to be or not to be....

yallow

Post by yallow » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:38 pm

Thanks zahid.ali.anwar,

When was your Tier 1 visa expiring? Did you count 5 year period starting from EC date or first entry date?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:47 pm

yallow wrote:Did you count 5 year period starting from EC date or first entry date?
I calculated it from my EC date, as I came around 47 days late.

utest
Newly Registered

Post by utest » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:32 am

I have a PEO appointment this month on 29th august for ILR ,

Q1). I am showing my salary from sep 2011 to 31 august 2012 , 2 days before the end date(i get my salary on 24th of this month)
will there be any issue .

Q2)
I am director of my Limited Company and i take Salary and Dividend each month

I want to show only my salary as i can obtain the points by just showing payslips

(I could not get a correct letter from my account as he is on holiday ,I have a letter from my accountant which shows
dividends i have taken however i have the letter for the last ending period of April 2011 to march 2012 )

I don't want to show my dividends (Dividends are reflected on my bank statement) will there be any problem or Concern In processing my application

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:14 am

Congrats m8.Just a question, which still lot of mixed views and answers floating.

Calculation of 5 yr period , So you used EC date to arrive to the 4yr 11 months. But how many months left in you T1 G at the point of application for ILR ? Please clarify and any questions around this ?
Bec its confusing whether the new rule applies for only people who fall short of 5 years can use EC date or else First entry to UK is what the starting point of 5 yrs OR Otherwise ?

Kintoy
Newly Registered

Post by Kintoy » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:37 pm

What date did you fill in Section 6.1 on the form? First Entry date or Visa start date (Entry Entrance)?

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:25 pm

Rajuk09 wrote:But how many months left in you T1 G at the point of application for ILR ?
My Tier 1 Visa was due to expire on 11 Sep 2012.
Rajuk09 wrote:whether the new rule applies for only people who fall short of 5 years can use EC date or else First entry to UK is what the starting point of 5 yrs OR Otherwise ?
Let me help you with this.

Suppose your Entry Clearance date is 05 Sep 2007.
You arrive UK on 15 Sep 2007.

Then you are eligiable for ILR on 15 Sep 2012 and you can apply for ILR 28 days before 15 Sep 2012.

In case you came on 20 Oct 2007. This is more than 28 days from your entry clearance date.

Then you are eligiable for ILR on 05 Sep 2012 and you can apply for ILR 28 days this date.

The mordrensied guidence on ILR tells you the same thing. I am enclosing it here

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Kintoy wrote:What date did you fill in Section 6.1 on the form? First Entry date or Visa start date (Entry Entrance)?
If you came to UK after entry clearance from anyother country then it will be the date you entered UK.

If you changed your visa from anyother category, then it will be the start date of your Tier 1 Visa or HSMP Visa. etc

ILR_211
Newly Registered

Post by ILR_211 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:16 am

Did u got your brp card?

Smam

Congrats !!!

Post by Smam » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:27 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience on the forum.

Please do kindly keep us updated once you'll recieve your BRP cards.

Good luck for the future.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Re: Congrats !!!

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:12 am

Smam wrote:
Please do kindly keep us updated once you'll recieve your BRP cards.

I have received my BRP on Sunday, 19 August 2012. This is the best present, I have received for Eid.

Nouman
Newly Registered

Post by Nouman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:17 am

congrats and happy Eid.

Received your BRP on a sunday now that is something you dont see everyday.

Smam

Post by Smam » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:19 am

Hi

Heartiest Congrats on recieving your BRP cards as well.

and how you say I think Happy Eid to you.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:19 am

zahid.ali.anwar,
Congratulation for your good time.
I am in same category like U were (2 yr HSMP+ 3 yr TIER 1). My EC was in December 2007. I am confused about set o form section 9B (Qualifications assessments).
"If you have claimed points for a qualification on a previous Tier 1 (General) application and sent in evidence of the qualification at that time, you should still list this qualification in this section below. However, you do not need to provide this evidence again in order to claim points for this application."

In my case I only submitted my educational evidence at initial HSMP application time and during extention (In our case it was switching to Tier 1) I did not send any evidence for education with tier 1 form. Just ticked box (evidence previously provided with HSMP application).

I am confused for SET O application form. Shall I sent all my documents certificate and transcript) again or just tick box 9B4 (Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1 General application).
Also which box I shall tick 9B3 (At tier 1 extension form I ticked the box QUALIFICATION RECOGNISED ON POINT BASED ALCULATOR). Shll I tick the same box now.
Could U please explain or What you have followed yours.
Regards

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:39 am

arifahmmed wrote:zahid.ali.anwar,
Congratulation for your good time.
I am in same category like U were (2 yr HSMP+ 3 yr TIER 1). My EC was in December 2007. I am confused about set o form section 9B (Qualifications assessments).
"If you have claimed points for a qualification on a previous Tier 1 (General) application and sent in evidence of the qualification at that time, you should still list this qualification in this section below. However, you do not need to provide this evidence again in order to claim points for this application."

In my case I only submitted my educational evidence at initial HSMP application time and during extention (In our case it was switching to Tier 1) I did not send any evidence for education with tier 1 form. Just ticked box (evidence previously provided with HSMP application).

I am confused for SET O application form. Shall I sent all my documents certificate and transcript) again or just tick box 9B4 (Evidence is not required for current application because it was submitted for a previous Tier 1 General application).
Also which box I shall tick 9B3 (At tier 1 extension form I ticked the box QUALIFICATION RECOGNISED ON POINT BASED ALCULATOR). Shll I tick the same box now.
Could U please explain or What you have followed yours.
Regards
Just tick the boxes that are saying qualifications recognised on points based calculator and evidence previously provided with initial HSMP application.

No need to send or take the educational documents.

I have done the same and no question was asked by case worker.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:59 am

Hi

Just a quick question that I am here on a WP with same employer for the last 5 years i am from Pakistan I'll be applying for my ILR soon do I need a Police registration certificate as well to apply for my ILR as I haven't found this in your documents list.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:42 am

Smam wrote:Hi

Just a quick question that I am here on a WP with same employer for the last 5 years i am from Pakistan I'll be applying for my ILR soon do I need a Police registration certificate as well to apply for my ILR as I haven't found this in your documents list.

Many thanks and waiting for your reply.
Hi Smam,

Police registeration is required for certain nationalities, and with all the bads, Pakistan is not one of them. So you don't need it. The nationalities that require police registration needs to register them with police, as soon as they land in this country.

The list of countries that require police registeration are here

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:32 am

Hi Zahid,

Many thanks for your extremely prompt reply brother. Thanks a million.

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi zahid.ali.anwar,
Thanks for your reply.