ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can PBS dependent apply for ILR after spouse get ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joetetteh
Newly Registered

Can PBS dependent apply for ILR after spouse get ILR

Post by joetetteh » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:11 am

My wife has been on a dependent visa for almost 7 years. If I apply for ILR long residence can my wife apply directly for ILR if I get my ILR or she have to apply for FLR (M) first then the ILR.

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:33 am

She can apply at the same time as you.Apologies I missed the long residence. Sorry.
Last edited by uksettlement on Sun Aug 19, 2012 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:59 am

uksettlement wrote:She can apply at the same time as you.
Wrong info.

Long residence based application does not allow dependants on same application.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Can PBS dependent apply for ILR after spouse get ILR

Post by Greenie » Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:27 am

joetetteh wrote:My wife has been on a dependent visa for almost 7 years. If I apply for ILR long residence can my wife apply directly for ILR if I get my ILR or she have to apply for FLR (M) first then the ILR.

What is your current immigration status and what is your wife's?

joetetteh
Newly Registered

Post by joetetteh » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:05 pm

Currently I am a student and will be able to apply for 10 years long residence early March. My wife is having a dependent visa but she is working with NHS.

I came to UK as a visitor 28 March 2003, return home with a vaild visa on 03 July 2003. Came back to the UK with a vaild visa as a student on 19 Sept. 2003. Since, I have renewed my visa as a student, SGS and student. My wife joined me in the UK in August 2005.