ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR granted @ Croyden, when Solihull advised Postal appl.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

anithya
Newly Registered

ILR granted @ Croyden, when Solihull advised Postal appl.

Post by anithya » Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:39 pm

My visa - HSMP Aug 2007, Tier 1 Aug 2009, expires on 30th August.

Why not straightforward - Absences more than 300 days (all paid leaves, 87 at random, and the remaining during maternity leave in 2010, none more than 90 days at a stretch)
I posted on this forum- enquiring if this will be problematic - Responded as I need to explain why I was out of UK during maternity leave, even immigration lawyers on telephone conversations believed the same.
I am in continuous employment as a doctor and maternity leave was paid leave. So I mentioned all the long absences as MATERNITY LEAVE in application
Initially booked at Solihull on 7th August(Booked in advance in June) ,but the CW looked at the absences and turned down, politely advised me to send a postal application.Thankfully money not taken.
Discussed with a lot of people, friends, and wanted to apply by post in the last week of visa expiry. (Since PEO appointments are not easily available)
Midnight search for appointments is useless for nearby dates. Midafternoon(10-12) are more apt since you can see cancellations.
Fortunately got an appointment on 17th August at Croyden. This time rewritten the application form for Long absences as PAID LEAVE (With a view to submit proof if asked).
Croyden is a busy place compared to Solihull, and one can expect abrupt staff but overall no complaints.( One lady at Biometric said that my application will be invalid if my 2 yr old son doesn't sit straight for the photo... But kindly gave me a toy to distract... All though not perfect photo for him, they adjusted in the end after 5 min struggle)
Delays with Biometrics...........as usual. My appointment was supposed to be at 10:15..Paid and got Biometrics by 11:15. Had to wait for next 3hours to be seen by a CW.
Got called by CW at 13:10----Saw all the documents..only asked for employment letter -- My consultant and deanery gave me a letter supporting the evidence of employment and maternity leave, which I submitted. No questions asked ... Checked my payslips, life in UK test.
Asked if I got photocopies of Bank Statements - Which I asked him to keep the originals since I have it online anyway( I did submit photocopies of payslips, passport --- I think if you do not submit, they can get them photocopied too but saves time for them)
Took only 50 minutes and granted ILR - Gave me the letter of approval and informing about BRP posting issues etc.

I am so relieved with the outcome. The immigration lawyersw are a lot of money but I personally don't think they add value to your application. This forum is a great place to gather information and documents.

Few documents I added after joining the forum are:
1. Letter from HM Revenue and also NI contribution for last 5 years (this will not include only upto 2011) - contacted in June itself to avoid postal delays
2. Croyden PEO experiences
3. Thread on ILR - Read before you post section where there are other who posted maternity leave experience -- but they where more than 90 days at a stretch.
4.Discussions on long absences.

Note: During my maternity leave, I chose to come back to UK for 4 -5 days to avoid more than 90 day tag to my application. That money spent on 2 trips coming back to UK is worth now.

More than 90 days is taken more seriously than long absences..

Regards to everybody and good luck with your applications.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: ILR granted @ Croyden, when Solihull advised Postal app

Post by ryan2020 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:13 pm

anithya wrote:My visa - HSMP Aug 2007, Tier 1 Aug 2009, expires on 30th August.

Why not straightforward - Absences more than 300 days (all paid leaves, 87 at random, and the remaining during maternity leave in 2010, none more than 90 days at a stretch)
I posted on this forum- enquiring if this will be problematic - Responded as I need to explain why I was out of UK during maternity leave, even immigration lawyers on telephone conversations believed the same.
I am in continuous employment as a doctor and maternity leave was paid leave. So I mentioned all the long absences as MATERNITY LEAVE in application
Initially booked at Solihull on 7th August(Booked in advance in June) ,but the CW looked at the absences and turned down, politely advised me to send a postal application.Thankfully money not taken.
Discussed with a lot of people, friends, and wanted to apply by post in the last week of visa expiry. (Since PEO appointments are not easily available)
Midnight search for appointments is useless for nearby dates. Midafternoon(10-12) are more apt since you can see cancellations.
Fortunately got an appointment on 17th August at Croyden. This time rewritten the application form for Long absences as PAID LEAVE (With a view to submit proof if asked).
Croyden is a busy place compared to Solihull, and one can expect abrupt staff but overall no complaints.( One lady at Biometric said that my application will be invalid if my 2 yr old son doesn't sit straight for the photo... But kindly gave me a toy to distract... All though not perfect photo for him, they adjusted in the end after 5 min struggle)
Delays with Biometrics...........as usual. My appointment was supposed to be at 10:15..Paid and got Biometrics by 11:15. Had to wait for next 3hours to be seen by a CW.
Got called by CW at 13:10----Saw all the documents..only asked for employment letter -- My consultant and deanery gave me a letter supporting the evidence of employment and maternity leave, which I submitted. No questions asked ... Checked my payslips, life in UK test.
Asked if I got photocopies of Bank Statements - Which I asked him to keep the originals since I have it online anyway( I did submit photocopies of payslips, passport --- I think if you do not submit, they can get them photocopied too but saves time for them)
Took only 50 minutes and granted ILR - Gave me the letter of approval and informing about BRP posting issues etc.

I am so relieved with the outcome. The immigration lawyersw are a lot of money but I personally don't think they add value to your application. This forum is a great place to gather information and documents.

1. Letter from HM Revenue and also NI contribution for last 5 years (this will not include only upto 2011) - contacted in June itself to avoid postal delays
3. Thread on ILR - Read before you post section where there are other who posted maternity leave experience -- but they where more than 90 days at a stretch.

Note: During my maternity leave, I chose to come back to UK for 4 -5 days to avoid more than 90 day tag to my application. That money spent on 2 trips coming back to UK is worth now.

congrats ..
well if solihull have taken money they have to processed the case.
thats why they check papers first if they will then only they charge the money. simple

leo_sangha

Post by leo_sangha » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:27 pm

anithya wrote:My visa - HSMP Aug 2007, Tier 1 Aug 2009, expires on 30th August.

congratulations dude, i was also advised to apply by post but did not know that i can book another slot. So i applied by post. Anyways njoy freedom.

yallow

Post by yallow » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:35 pm

leo_sangha wrote: congratulations dude, i was also advised to apply by post but did not know that i can book another slot. So i applied by post. Anyways njoy freedom.
dude on maternity. :shock:

PS: Congrats!

anithya
Newly Registered

Post subject: Re: ILR granted @ Croyden, when Solihull advis

Post by anithya » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:28 am

Dude on Mat leave?? Doesn't fit..

Thanks for the wishes.

BACK_TO_GB

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Many Congrats :)

leo_sangha

Re: Post subject: Re: ILR granted @ Croyden, when Solihull a

Post by leo_sangha » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:03 pm

anithya wrote:Dude on Mat leave?? Doesn't fit..

Thanks for the wishes.
Well you never know , you never know :lol: