ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Freaking out over missing doc

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sleuther
Newly Registered

Freaking out over missing doc

Post by Sleuther » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:21 pm

G'day

I've made an application for a Tier 4 visa, but I messed up one of the required documents (Birth certificate-to prove parent sponsors), however, the document was submitted in my mother tongue, and not English. It is only later I realized I needed it translated. Now I'm freaking out, worrying that my application will just be rejected on those grounds, and I'll have to reapply, and possibly miss out on a couple of weeks of Uni.

I do feel that apart from this one slight, my application is overwhelmingly legit, for the following reasons.

1. I've got into a top 5 UK university.
2. I've spent the last 5 years in Australia, self funded for my undergrad studies
3. My IELTS score is 8.5/9
4. I've provided proof of more than sufficient funds.

After reading all these horror stories I'm worried my visa will be rejected.
What do you reckon I should do? Cancel my visa and reapply with the proper document? Is there a way to submit documents after application?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:55 pm

I really can't see this being a problem. It's an official instrument emitted by the State and there are plenty of locally-hired ECAs at the visa post (whose job, in any case, is to verify the paperwork before it gets to the ECO) who can read the content if there is any doubt.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:00 pm

did you apply from Australia or India?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:01 pm

Yes, I did not consider that point. It would matter greatly if you applied in Aus with an Indian document as it's likely no-one at the visa hub in Manila would be able to verify the text.

Sleuther
Newly Registered

Post by Sleuther » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Applied in India, however the language the Birth Certificate is not the same as the regional language of the state I've applied in (Each different state in India has a different language), so even if a local agent would receive it, odds are he would not be able to decipher it.

Thing is, everything on my birth certificate is pretty much available on the back page of my passport (States my father and mother's full names)
I'm just worried that this one document will offset the (otherwise genuine) application.

orange76
Newly Registered

Post by orange76 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Dear Sleuther-
I also don’t see it a problem but for your peace of mind here is a suggestion. if you have the translation of the document available please fax it directly to the embassy along with a cover letter admitting and apologising for this genuine mistake. If you don’t have the fax number than send it to the visa section through a speed delivery (same day delivery) and keep the receipt. God forbid in case of visa refusal you can show them the receipt that you realised the mistake and send them the required document on time. Hope that helps.

Sleuther
Newly Registered

Post by Sleuther » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:59 pm

orange76 wrote:Dear Sleuther-
I also don’t see it a problem but for your peace of mind here is a suggestion. if you have the translation of the document available please fax it directly to the embassy along with a cover letter admitting and apologising for this genuine mistake. If you don’t have the fax number than send it to the visa section through a speed delivery (same day delivery) and keep the receipt. God forbid in case of visa refusal you can show them the receipt that you realised the mistake and send them the required document on time. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the suggestion. Will get onto sending in that doc ASAP, even though my mail to the high commission in India came back with an auto response which, among other things, said "Once the application is submitted we do not accept additional documents".

I'm fairly confident my visa won't be rejected, it's most likely to come back "Invalid", or incomplete. So I won't have to go through the process of getting a fresh CAS from my University, however it does mean I will have to apply again with the hefty visa fees (In India it's around 350 pounds)

Thanks for the suggestion though, didn't think of that one :) I suppose I could try to brute force the document through, and hope common sense prevails over procedure!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:15 pm

They don't reject out of country applications as invalid or incomplete. If they consider the application and are not satisfied due to the certificate then it will be refused and you will need a new Cas.

Sleuther
Newly Registered

Post by Sleuther » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:31 pm

Greenie wrote:They don't reject out of country applications as invalid or incomplete. If they consider the application and are not satisfied due to the certificate then it will be refused and you will need a new Cas.
Oh really? Wow thanks for the information.. I guess I'll have to work towards that possibility as well.

Would you reckon I'd be better off withdrawing my application and reapplying at this stage?

Sleuther
Newly Registered

Post by Sleuther » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:30 am

Just as an update.

I did receive the visa in the mail today.

Also, the birth certificate I had faxed in were added to my bundle of documents, so if anyone is in a similar situation, you can definitely fax in documents after submitting your application.

Thanks again for the tip, really saved me a lot of hassle!
Cheers.