ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PLEASE HELP!! IM SO STRESSED

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

k1
Newly Registered

PLEASE HELP!! IM SO STRESSED

Post by k1 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:16 pm

Hey everyone

I wanted to find out whether or not I can extend my spouse visa for another couple of months as I have not yet completed the life in the uk test and my visa will be expiring on 25th august. I have attempted the test but failed, but I am sure I will pass next time as I have prepared for it, but the date that I am able to sit the test is around September. I really am unsure as to what to do because I have just bought a house and will not be able to afford to leave the country as I need to pay the mortgage. Please could you advise me on what I can do as soon as possible. I dont want to lose everything that I worked for. I have young son that I need to provide for, I am really stuck as to what to do

Kind regards and thankyou for your time

akash08

Post by akash08 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:47 pm

I do not think anyone will be able to help you unless you tell your full background. What visa you are in currently etc.?

Without knowing anything .. the best guess solution is to extend your visa in the same category as you are in now. For example, if you are in Tier 1 - just go for an extension of Tier 1 which does not require Life in UK pass certificate and of course go for a postal application etc. which is cheaper.

Yes, it would be a costly option but then there was no need for you to appear for the exam at the last moment when you can take the exam even years before.

Also, do a google search if there are agents who can help you to get an earlier slot for the exam. I do not know if such things exist but like any other exam, there would be some cancellation slots available and if you are serious enough, you should be able to grab them at the last moment.

I know it is not the right moment to say this but seriously mate, take things a bit more seriously in future - I have not heard of any one appearing in such situation before!!

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:21 pm

You can extend your spouse visa for now for further 2 years and when you are ready and have pass your test then apply for IRL.

k1
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by k1 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Thanks for your reply, I am currently on the spouse visa and was just ending my 2 year leave I was then hoping to apply for indefinite leave to remain. I know its my fault but I have been going through family problems, and did just not have time to think about these things. What form will I need to fill in for the extension? One more question will I have to be earning a certain salary as I am currently not earning more that £14000. I am not sure please could help out again

Thanks

k1
Newly Registered

Post by k1 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:18 pm

Sorry for being a hassle but one more question will I have to finish my 2 years again or will I be able to apply for ILR earlier?

Thanks in advance

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:24 pm

Another option worth exploring is -
- First you send in your postal application for extension
- on the meantime you pass your LIUK
- a few weeks after LIUK, follow the procedure to vary your application from extension to ILR, if your extension has not been granted by then.

Of course I could be totally wrong, and the experts might say that this is not possible, and you might want to get some expert opinion on this.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

diggingdeep

Post by diggingdeep » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:49 am

You can apply as soon as you have pass your LIUK test.

This is the form you should use is FLR(M) http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 020091.pdf.
Possible others reasons for this extension are you have not yet obtained a relevant qualification demonstrating your knowledge of the English language and life in the UK; or that you prefer to apply for an extension of stay because of personal circumstances to do with your relationship with your partner. You can explain more on section 4 of this form.

Read guidance note first before filling the application form here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 020091.pdf.

If you not currently earning required amount you can provide other others evidence in the form of savings, pensions, income of your partner read more here http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... intenance/

inna

Post by inna » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Have you tried calling the centres that do the Life in the UK tests? They might be able to squeeze you in earlier.

September seems like a long wait for the test... I thought it was usually 1 week in advance?

frey80

Re: PLEASE HELP!! IM SO STRESSED

Post by frey80 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:42 pm

k1 wrote:Hey everyone

I wanted to find out whether or not I can extend my spouse visa for another couple of months as I have not yet completed the life in the uk test and my visa will be expiring on 25th august. I have attempted the test but failed, but I am sure I will pass next time as I have prepared for it, but the date that I am able to sit the test is around September. I really am unsure as to what to do because I have just bought a house and will not be able to afford to leave the country as I need to pay the mortgage. Please could you advise me on what I can do as soon as possible. I dont want to lose everything that I worked for. I have young son that I need to provide for, I am really stuck as to what to do

Kind regards and thankyou for your time
you wrote good english, how come you failed the test last time?

uksettlement
India

Post by uksettlement » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:54 pm

this test is not only to check your knowledge of English but also to test the understanding of the UK. Hence, I guess it is recommended to read through the material once or twice before giving the test.