ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tuberculosis Screening - Chennai

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

riversidecreations

Tuberculosis Screening - Chennai

Post by riversidecreations » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Further delays are being caused to me and my wife's application - I completely missed the fact that a TB screening had to be completed. Now, there are only two clinics that are approved to do the test in Chennai - and both clinics are saying that have not made any formal agreements with the UKBA and that it will not be completed until September.

I don't understand why they are saying this but they don't seem to be friendly people to talk with either... They are adamant that they need permission from UKBA to do a screening test for an applicant... which doesn't really make any sense.

What can I do now? who can I contact to speak about this? I tried calling UKBA - but they gave me a number for the BHC in chennai who say that they don't deal with visa enquiries.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:31 am

It all depends on the date you made your application.

If you have applied for Settlement VISA before the 16th of August, you are not required to get a TB screening in India (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... ia-tb-test)

However if you made an application after this above date, your application process should automatically enroll you for TB screening if necessary.

Having said the above. Some Indian nationals are asked for X-Rays at the UK airport, although it is not mandatory you may carry an X-Ray to avoid delays at the airport. If you do not have an X-Ray, the airport staff provides this and your details are noted.

Hope this helps.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

riversidecreations

Post by riversidecreations » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:20 am

Thanks Harv..

Am I wrong in assuming that a TB screening must be completed before we submit an application?

We haven't yet submitted the application and the approved clinics in chennai have not yet started doing the tests.

My wife already has an x-ray. Can we submit and see what happens?

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:30 am

As far as I am aware of the process.

TB screening was once compulsory from Indian settlement applications. This has been removed from the requirement for a few years now. The process is going to be introduced again by the UKBA.

The process should work in the following manner:

- You submit your application at a VFS office in India
- You get signed up for an X-Ray check from their system
- Once your X-Ray has been checked a report is sent from the authorised doctor straight to be added to your application already in progress
- UKBA completes their decision once in receipt of the report

So in the whole process you do not need to supply the report on your own, infact it has been instructed by the UKBA to their assigned/authorised doctors.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

riversidecreations

Post by riversidecreations » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:36 pm

but then....

I'm confused now; this new system... we pay at the time we submit the application - not knowing the outcome of TB results?

And what if the result is positive?

enprim22
Newly Registered

Post by enprim22 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:16 pm

TB screening was once compulsory from Indian settlement applications. This has been removed from the requirement for a few years now. The process is going to be introduced again by the UKBA.Image

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Mon Aug 20, 2012 3:27 pm

riversidecreations wrote:but then....

I'm confused now; this new system... we pay at the time we submit the application - not knowing the outcome of TB results?

And what if the result is positive?
Well to be honest, you should get her tested by a trusted doctor for TB. If she comes out clean she should be fine. I don't think you need to worry about this unless you believe she is suffering from TB in which case it should be treated ASAP.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

kumar125

Post by kumar125 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:58 pm

Get it done in bangalore -Fortis Hospital

riversidecreations

Post by riversidecreations » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:55 pm

I've asked my wife to try and find a clinic and do a screening Test. Surya Hospital in Chennai took an x-ray and told her that there was nothing wrong...

The only problem is 2 years ago, she was told by a doctor that she had mild primary complex and to control what she eats.... primary complex is also known as Tuberculosis as per some medical websites.... thats the only reason why I am worried...

I will ask her to go to Bangalore if necessary...