ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to find the leave dates for absences?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mythbust
BANNED

How to find the leave dates for absences?

Post by mythbust » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:28 pm

Usually the UK border didnot stamp on passport when you leave. We may have entry dates to other countries. could we take that as our UK leave dates to count absences?

drRalph
Newly Registered

Post by drRalph » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:24 am

You can apply for a Subject Access Request (SAR) from UKBA, however as was the case with me, they only had landing card details for the last few years and not my earlier years which is what I was looking for.

I'm applying under the 10 year rule, and I don't have my last few passports as my country of origin retain them when you renew your passport.

You can look through holiday photos, old bank statements and email bookings to determine dates, however I could find very little information from 2002/03 as very little email bookings were made then.

So the question is, what do you do when you genuinely don't have exact dates?