ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success @ Croydon – 17/08/2012, 190 Days Absences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ak36

Post by ak36 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:01 am

Firstly, I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart the creators and runners of this forum and those who share their experience and wisdom with other members.

Application details:

No of applicants: 1 (Main applicant) + 1 (Dependant)
Visa Type: 5 years Work Permit (same employer)

For my 10am appointment, I arrived to PEO at 09:30 with my wife and a child in the pram though, I hadn’t included my UK born baby in the application. First, we waited in the waiting area for about 20 minutes and then there was airport style security. By 10:15, we were asked to pay for our application in the payment area. After payment, we were sent to 1st floor where a very polite caseworker entered some details from our passports into computer and scanned our photos. She then sent us to second floor for our biometrics to be taken. This roughly took about 30 minutes and by 11:10 we started our wait for the caseworker to call our ticket number. At 11:25, our ticket number was called and we went to our counter where the caseworker straightaway asked for application form, photos and all passports. The first thing that he checked in the application form was absence sheet in sec 6. After counting manually my absences, he asked me about the total annual leave that I am entitled to and I said 30 days. Although, I had absence letter from my line manager but since he didn’t say anything, I was also quiet. :roll:

Next was employer letter that he demanded. My employer letter had specifically mentioned my SOC code and per annum salary and that was the area that he was interested in. (WP holder – Make sure you include appropriate SOC code and salary details for your role in your employer letter). The caseworker then spent long time on entering details into computer. He then asked for any photocopies of our recent passports which I gave to them. He disappeared a couple of times for 5 -10 minutes during this whole process (possibly for checks etc) and in exactly an hour time, he came back with two letters which was saying that our application for indefinite leave to remain had been approved. :D

To my surprise, the caseworker was least interested in my original documents. All he was asking for was only photocopies which he quite happily kept. :o

The documents that I carried with me:

Set (O) form + Photographs
5 years P60
12 months payslips
12 months banks statements
Employer letter
Absence letter: 190 days (all of which were paid annual leave)
Life in the UK Certificate (me & dependant)
Passports (current & previous)
Initial Work Permit letter

Cohabitation documents:

Provisional driving license
2 years council tax bills
NHS letters in my wife’s name
Banks statements (15 months)

Documents that the caseworker asked for: (all photocopies)

Set (O) form + Photographs
5 years P60
Only last 3 months Payslips
Only last 3 months bank statements
Employer letter
Life in the UK Certificate
Passports (current & previous)

Cohabitation documents:
He asked for any proof of cohabitation and I passed on all above documents to him which he took.

One of the very few things where I feel myself very lucky was that there were no IT issues at all and it all went extremely smooth. After reading a number of posts on this forum about IT issues mainly at the Croydon PEO, I was a bit tense about that as I had not booked a back-up appointment and really wanted everything sorted in this appointment.

(*Today was the last Friday of Ramadan and being a Muslim, I really wanted to go for my prayer. I was glad to see that my whole case was done and dusted by 12:30 and the next moment we were out in the street and looking for a mosque)
Once again, many thanks for all your valuable support.

palaremzi

Re: ILR Success @ Croydon – 17/08/2012, 190 Days Absences

Post by palaremzi » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:48 am

ak36 wrote: (*Today was the last Friday of Ramadan and being a Muslim, I really wanted to go for my prayer. I was glad to see that my whole case was done and dusted by 12:30 and the next moment we were out in the street and looking for a mosque)
Once again, many thanks for all your valuable support.
Must be a good feeling, eh? It's moments like these one feels truly happy. Congratulations...

tja28
Newly Registered

Post by tja28 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:37 am

congrats, did your spouse have to take english language test as well as life in uk?

ak36

Post by ak36 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Thanks palaremzi and tja28.

@tja28- No. I think you have to produce only one certificate. I had seen Life In The UK in the required documents list here on this forum and elsewhere so we both produced our 'Life in the UK' certificates only and the caseworker was ok with that. Hope this clarifies.

Smam

Heartiest Congrats !!!!

Post by Smam » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:17 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congrats on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your PEO experience with us on the forum.

Being frankly honest with you I am also very happy that you haven't come accross any so called IT issues in Croydon.

Please do kindly keep us posted on the forum once you'll recieve your BRP cards.

Good luck for the future.

ak36

Post by ak36 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:56 pm

Many thanks for your nice post Smam.

In fact, I was going to post that I received my BRP card today only after ONE full working day of our PEO appointment on Friday. Great relief......

Personally I was extremely happy with the whole service from booking my appointment to receiving my BRP card.

Wish you all the best with your ILR.