ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dewdy
Newly Registered

ILR

Post by dewdy » Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Any one know what is the requirements for ILR under article 8, if you already a 3 year granted discretionary leave !!! thanks

dewdy
Newly Registered

Re: ILR

Post by dewdy » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:18 pm

dewdy wrote:Any one know what is the requirements for ILR under article 8, if you already a 3 year granted discretionary leave !!! thanks
Anyone to answer my question

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:39 am

You do not get ILR if you have 3 year DLR. You will have to apply for another 3 year extension of DLR, and at the end of it you apply for ILR.

dewdy
Newly Registered

Post by dewdy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:01 pm

asim72 wrote:You do not get ILR if you have 3 year DLR. You will have to apply for another 3 year extension of DLR, and at the end of it you apply for ILR.
Thanks for your reply.

there is no extension of discretionary leave under the new rules. but my legal adviser said he is going to apply for ILR as I missed to apply for 14 year. please any advise?

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:49 pm

dewdy wrote:
asim72 wrote:You do not get ILR if you have 3 year DLR. You will have to apply for another 3 year extension of DLR, and at the end of it you apply for ILR.
Thanks for your reply.

there is no extension of discretionary leave under the new rules. but my legal adviser said he is going to apply for ILR as I missed to apply for 14 year. please any advise?
dewdy wrote:Any one know what is the requirements for ILR under article 8, if you already a 3 year granted discretionary leave !!! thanks
You have a lawyer...have you asked him the requirements for ILR under article 8?

Were you not previously given advice here on this same issue http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#693356

asim72
BANNED

Post by asim72 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:18 pm

dewdy wrote:
Thanks for your reply.

If your lawyer really has advised you this then I must say that your lawyer is an idiot and knows nothing about current rules and arrangements.

It clearly mentioned that people who were already on 3+3=ILR arrangements before 9th july 2012, will continue to be on the same route, regardless of the rule changes.

dewdy
Newly Registered

Post by dewdy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:29 pm

you are right. and that is worry me. she already missded to apply for the 14 years. and as my 3 years discretionary leave expires soon,she want to apply for ILR. I dont know what to do? it is assoication and they suppose to know the rules, but I am not sure!!!! any a dvise to avoid any disaster as she did when she missed to apply for the 14 year??

I feel hopeless and my life in somebody's hands!! :(

dewdy
Newly Registered

Post by dewdy » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:45 pm

I read what is in that link, and that means no private life under 20 years?? means she can't apply for ILR under aricle 8. this drive me mad, how a legal adviser doesn't know about these information??

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:30 am

dewdy wrote:
I read what is in that link, and that means no private life under 20 years?? means she can't apply for ILR under aricle 8. this drive me mad, how a legal adviser doesn't know about these information??
Try and extend your DLR and when the time comes apply for ILR.If you are not happy with your lawyer get another one.

dewdy
Newly Registered

Post by dewdy » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:41 pm

Anyone knows what set(o) and who can apply for ILR using set(O)

Thanks

dewdy
Newly Registered

Post by dewdy » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:43 pm

dewdy wrote:

Thanks
Anyone could answer my question please??

dewdy
Newly Registered

Post by dewdy » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:55 am

dewdy wrote:
dewdy wrote:

Thanks
I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question?? please somebody says something!!!

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:07 am

dewdy wrote:
dewdy wrote:
dewdy wrote:

Thanks
I'm still waiting for someone to answer my question?? please somebody says something!!!
Download a Set O form. Read it.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

dewdy
Newly Registered

Post by dewdy » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:26 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
dewdy wrote:
dewdy wrote:
dewdy wrote:

Thanks
Download a Set O form. Read it.
Form says doesn't mention anything about article 8??

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:55 am

As far as I understand, you can 'regularize' your status only after 20 years as legal/illegal, and that will be based on Article 8. If approved, after 20 years, you will get 'visa' for 30 months. You will then need 3 more extensions of 30 months for a total of 120 months. At that point you will be eligible to apply for ILR based on the 10 'regularized' years.

dewdy
Newly Registered

Post by dewdy » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:07 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:As far as I understand, you can 'regularize' your status only after 20 years as legal/illegal, and that will be based on Article 8. If approved, after 20 years, you will get 'visa' for 30 months. You will then need 3 more extensions of 30 months for a total of 120 months. At that point you will be eligible to apply for ILR based on the 10 'regularized' years.
my current visa is 3 years discretionary leave, which expire next month, my solicitor want to apply for ILR under Long residence ? whcih I dont exactly know how it is going to work?? I am working and dont need work permit does that help my application??

Thanks for replying

14years

Post by 14years » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:49 am

dewdy wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:As far as I understand, you can 'regularize' your status only after 20 years as legal/illegal, and that will be based on Article 8. If approved, after 20 years, you will get 'visa' for 30 months. You will then need 3 more extensions of 30 months for a total of 120 months. At that point you will be eligible to apply for ILR based on the 10 'regularized' years.
my current visa is 3 years discretionary leave, which expire next month, my solicitor want to apply for ILR under Long residence ? whcih I dont exactly know how it is going to work?? I am working and dont need work permit does that help my application??

Thanks for replying
Ok you need to extend your current discreationary leave for another 3 years. After those 3 years you can apply for ILR. You can extend your discreationary leave under new rules. Only new applicants can't have discreationary leave so if your legal rep is telling you otherwise then he/she is either lying or doesn't know anything. I believe few other people have informed you of the same.
Don't be stressed or disheartened and ask your solicitor to apply to extend your current discreationary leave. Please don't apply for ILR at this time , if I can understand your curcumstances right then you will be wasting your time and money if you apply for ILR. Best thing for you is to extend your current leave and then apply for ILR in 3 years.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:05 am

that doesn't apply to the The op as s/he was granted discretionary leave prior to The rule changes and therefore can continue to apply for further leave under the discretionary leave policy.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:06 am

dewdy wrote:

Thanks for replying
Have you spent the last 10 years continuously lawfully resident in the UK?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:22 am

Greenie wrote:
that doesn't apply to the The op as s/he was granted discretionary leave prior to The rule changes and therefore can continue to apply for further leave under the discretionary leave policy.
Greenie, thanks for the clarification.

dewdy
Newly Registered

Post by dewdy » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:15 pm

Greenie wrote:
Guys thanks for your replies. could you please tell me if my application set(o) after the 3 year discretionary would be considered. thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:26 pm

No. Only after 6 years.

A question that remains unanswered:
Greenie wrote:Have you spent the last 10 years continuously lawfully resident in the UK?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

dewdy
Newly Registered

Post by dewdy » Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:13 am

sushdmehta wrote:No. Only after 6 years.

Greenie wrote:Have you spent the last 10 years continuously lawfully resident in the UK?
I have spent 10 years, but I had gaps in in my visas even I never left the country throught theses gaps. I applied in 2009 for the 10 years long residence and refused due to these gaps( overstayed) and appealed and got the 3 years discretionary leave.

dewdy
Newly Registered

Post by dewdy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:17 am

dewdy wrote:

I have spent 10 years, but I had gaps in in my visas even I never left the country throught theses gaps. I applied in 2009 for the 10 years long residence and refused due to these gaps( overstayed) and appealed and got the 3 years discretionary leave.
Anyone could comment, please.

dewdy
Newly Registered

Post by dewdy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:26 pm

dewdy wrote:
dewdy wrote:

Anyone could comment, please.
I answered the question and no one helped :((