ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Maintenance Funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

papu.sarkari
Newly Registered

Maintenance Funds

Post by papu.sarkari » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:30 pm

Guys,

My balance in the current account was £1500.I had forgot that I had a direct debit going out of my account today. The direct debit was for 900 and I was left with £600.

I have noticed in time and I have asked my friend to transferr 1000 back in tom my account.
So basically the account does go below 900 but the money comes on the same day in the bank account?
Current balance for the same day is 1600 now!

Is this considered valid or not for maintenance requirements?

Thanks,

Papu.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:16 pm

There should not be a problem, if you have ensured that the balance at the end of the day was more than 900GBP.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

Trickytok

Post by Trickytok » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:32 am

I think i have seen someone in the forums somewhere who got his visa refused... Jst make sure u chk it out....

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:49 am

dozywalia wrote:I think i have seen someone in the forums somewhere who got his visa refused... Jst make sure u chk it out....
If the average balance is less than the required amount in any given day from the last 90 days, then the application WILL GET REFUSED MY FRIEND DOZYWALIA.

However if the applicant maintains the average balance at the end of the day, and keeps it at the required amount for 90 days, and gets all the required paper work from the bank as mentioned in UKBA guide lines, then you would be OK.

READ THE GUIDE LINE SET BY UKBA WHICH IS AVAILABLE ON THEIR WEBSITE, IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBT.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

rk_simh
Newly Registered

Post by rk_simh » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:49 pm

You mean, one can rotate the money on a daily basis but at the end of each day they should make sure the balance amount should be £900?

Thanks
RK

g_sharma
Newly Registered

Post by g_sharma » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:04 pm

I don't think so.

suppose if you have to maintain £600 for 3months. you have a direct debit of £50 on Monday at 9 am... your friend transferring £100 on Monday at 10am... still UKBA will reject the Visa. It was happened in my friend's case....

Trickytok

Post by Trickytok » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:47 pm

Brother, i am not too sure.. As i said and the guy above is saying... I have seen people getting refused due to this on the forum and his friend got refused.. I wud sugest you to giv advice if u r 100 pc sure.. Coz its not a small feee... Senior members shld comment..

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:18 pm

What the Tier 1 Guidance states is that the applicant must ensure ...
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf

"that there have been enough funds present in the account (the balance must always be at least £800 or £900 where appropriate) covering the consecutive 90 day period before the date of application."

This statement can be interpreted in two ways:

1) That the balance must always be at least the amount mentioned above at all times thoughout the 90 day period before the application.

2) That the balance must be at least the amount mentioned above thoughout the 90 day period before the application.

You may want verify with the UKBA before applying to make sure which it is. Additionally if anyone else can point to a case on this forum where an application has been rejected due to the reason raised in this topic that may also help you make your mind up.