ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pathetic service from UK Border Agency!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mark_b

Pathetic service from UK Border Agency!!

Post by mark_b » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:07 pm

Oh come on! In the last 5 weeks its moved from the 16th to 20th June. Their service standard says 75 percent within 4 weeks of biometrics but they are 4 weeks behind.

They have no respect for us as they put up the price by 50%, take our taxes and national insurance and then still give us a hard time and make us jump through hoops to meet the visa rules.

Sort it UK government and stop laying off border agency staff otherwise I will be waiting another 2 1/2 months for my extension!!

Pending2012
Newly Registered

Post by Pending2012 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:00 pm

Yes, I have noticed that it has taken 5 weeks to move from 16 June to 20 June too! I agree with you.

The service standard has become a bit of a joke.

I have actually written to my MP about the state that UKBA appears to be in out of frustration.

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:51 pm

i agree ..its ridiculous!

Surely you'd expect much better service when you've just paid a staggering 50% more!

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:09 pm

Makes one suspect that this is a way of reducing the immigration numbers. On top of the UKBA's general incompetence, staff shortages and disregard for law-abiding and tax-paying residents. I only had to cancel a long awaited holiday and could not go and see my family or invite them over here during this four-month wait. Others have family emergencies and jobs at risk. And no one to complain to. What a "developed" "democratic" country - nothing short of a joke.

zeberga
Newly Registered

Post by zeberga » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:53 pm

It's been stuck on 20 June for two weeks now. I thought it could be due to Olympics visitors but then again they had years to prepare for it. It's been a week since the Olympics finished as well but still no progress. UKBA reflects the government's attitude and the government is elected by the people. That's what depresses me.

shaktiman

Post by shaktiman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:08 am

I think its not there fault. The reason for the delay is the number of applications have been doubled in last few months, because people with 3+2 and 2+3 years of leave both come for extension at the same time.
That is why I opted for PEO. Thats always better.
Anyways, good luck to everyone.

Regards,

Shaktiman
-------------------
Geeta Vishwas, "Kilvish mar gaya kya?"
Shaktiman," Aisi galat baatein nahin karte, bado ki izzat karna seekho"
Geeta Vishwas, " SORRY SHAKTIMAN"

gazgaz
Newly Registered

Post by gazgaz » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:24 pm

It seems to have really slowed down.

A friend of mine had her bio enrolment 12th June and got passport back within 4-5 weeks.

I enrolled 19th June and I am still waiting. 9 weeks and counting. I am not in the '75% in 4 weeks' group that is for sure.

mark_b

Post by mark_b » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Citigirl wrote:Makes one suspect that this is a way of reducing the immigration numbers. On top of the UKBA's general incompetence, staff shortages and disregard for law-abiding and tax-paying residents. I only had to cancel a long awaited holiday and could not go and see my family or invite them over here during this four-month wait. Others have family emergencies and jobs at risk. And no one to complain to. What a "developed" "democratic" country - nothing short of a joke.
Same here citigirl, I booked my holiday back home April and gave myself over 3 months leeway as at that time it was about 2 months to process. Its now 3 months and my holiday is next Friday and I will have to cancel. It angers me we must just put up with this kind of poor service. We are treated like second class citizens!

Pending2012
Newly Registered

Post by Pending2012 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:21 pm

I am in the same boat, booked a holiday with the intention to do via PEO but was unable to get one in the mad scramble despite trying over a 4 week period. Thought a 3 month buffer should be enough but still waiting.

Work trip and personal holiday will have to be cancelled (unfortunately, will not get a refund for my holiday but fortunately work trip is amendable). I am feeling absolutely crap and slightly guilty regarding the work trip, as it adds an extra unnecessary layer (having to schedule conference calls during odd hours) even though work appreciates that it is not in my control.

Not a happy customer.

Shadry
BANNED

Post by Shadry » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:01 pm

Can we not all channel our course through BBC? an email to them could solve all this

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Shadry wrote:Can we not all channel our course through BBC? an email to them could solve all this
why do you think the bbc will solve it? If you want to complain you need to do so to the ukba directly and if you are not happy with their response then take it to the ombudsman.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:01 pm

Shadry wrote:Can we not all channel our course through BBC? an email to them could solve all this
Actually this might help. There was a scandal with processing student visa extensions which was picked up by the Guardian and others.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/201 ... n-students

In response, the UKBA promised to clear up the backlog by the end of the summer. Maybe this is another reason they stopped working on our applications.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:02 pm

mark_b wrote:We are treated like second class citizens!
That's the thing, we are not citizens and have no rights here apparently.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:12 pm

Citigirl wrote:
Actually this might help. There was a scandal with processing student visa extensions which was picked up by the Guardian and others.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/201 ... n-students

In response, the UKBA promised to clear up the backlog by the end of the summer. Maybe this is another reason they stopped working on our applications.
This was not about student visa extensions but about work permits for Romanian and Bulgarian nationals. You will see the student at the centre of the article complained to the parliamentary ombudsman. UKCISA have also been lobbying ukba about it-that's why they have agreed to clear the backlog-not because the guardian got involved.

Shadry
BANNED

Post by Shadry » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:51 pm

@ Greenie... no disrespect mate, are you working for UKBA? alot of guys have made suggestions but your only input was to counter them.

And you are a guru on this forum?

rainbow123
Newly Registered

Post by rainbow123 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:45 pm

If all those people who think have not got the service worth the fees paid, can stand together and collectively take action as permitted by law should help to improve the situation in future.

mark_b

Post by mark_b » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:27 pm

rainbow123 wrote:If all those people who think have not got the service worth the fees paid, can stand together and collectively take action as permitted by law should help to improve the situation in future.
I like your thinking but what can we really do? Complain to UKBA and they probably put you down as a foreign trouble maker and make sure they make it difficult when we have to apply for ILR :)

I want a refund for them hopelessly breaking their SLA's!!

mark_b

Post by mark_b » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:30 pm

Citigirl wrote:
mark_b wrote:We are treated like second class citizens!
That's the thing, we are not citizens and have no rights here apparently.
Correct! But we good enough to keep their benefit seekers fed :?

rainbow123
Newly Registered

Post by rainbow123 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:11 pm

We only know ourside of the prob. We don't know whether the delays r genuine or due to whatever other reasons. But this certainly disappointing n frustrating to face it in country like uk.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:58 am

Shadry wrote:@ Greenie... no disrespect mate, are you working for UKBA? alot of guys have made suggestions but your only input was to counter them.

And you are a guru on this forum?
If you took the time to read my posts in this thread you will see that i suggested that the op should complain to ukba. If i worked for ukba why would i suggest that? Go ahead and email the bbc-but you are naive if you think this will solve the problem.

Shadry
BANNED

Post by Shadry » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:29 am

@ Greenie... congratulations
But if take time to check your post and advice you will see that your input does not make sense

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 am

Shadry wrote:@ Greenie... congratulations
But if take time to check your post and advice you will see that your input does not make sense
What is it about it that you do not understand?

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:12 am

Greenie wrote:This was not about student visa extensions but about work permits for Romanian and Bulgarian nationals. You will see the student at the centre of the article complained to the parliamentary ombudsman. UKCISA have also been lobbying ukba about it-that's why they have agreed to clear the backlog-not because the guardian got involved.
Correct, I should have written "work and post-study work visas for students". Since we all work for different employers or are self-employed, I cannot think of an industry organisation which could lobby on our behalf so the media seems to be the only option. As for complaining to the UKBA, they make it clear that we have no right to complain about delays. And I would not trust the UKBA not to make the complaining applicant's life even more difficult.
Last edited by Citigirl on Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:15 am

mark_b wrote:Correct! But we good enough to keep their benefit seekers fed :?
Totally! This must be why the UKBA categorise Tier 1 as "high value migrants". Regrettably, it does not mean that they treat us accordingly.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:28 am

Citigirl wrote:
Greenie wrote:This was not about student visa extensions but about work permits for Romanian and Bulgarian nationals. You will see the student at the centre of the article complained to the parliamentary ombudsman. UKCISA have also been lobbying ukba about it-that's why they have agreed to clear the backlog-not because the guardian got involved.
Correct, I should have written "work and post-study work visas for students". Since we all work for different employers or are self-employed, I cannot think of an industry organisation which could lobby on our behalf so the media seems to be the only option. As for complaining to the UKBA, they make it clear that we have no right to complain about delays. And I would not trust the UKBA not to make the complaining applicant's life even more difficult.
it wasn't about work and post study work visas for students-it was about work permits for Romanians and Bulgarians studying in the UK,-my point being that the reason then agreed to deal with the backlog is because this involved Eea nationals and a lobby group.
You have every right to complain about delays if you wish to and this would not have any bearing on the outcome of your application