ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nit
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT visa extension

Post by nit » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:43 pm

Hi,

I came to UK in March 2009 under ICT (Work Permit) and extended my VISA in November 2009 (ICT ).The last extension was on October 2011 (ICT long term ) and VISA is valid until Jan 2014.The total time spent in UK will be therefore 4 yrs 9 months when my current VISA expires.Can i extend my stay for one more year in order to apply for ILR.
Thanks in Advance

Thanks,
Athvi.

nit
Newly Registered

Post by nit » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:12 pm

Can someone please answer to the above Query?

Thanks in Advance
Athvi

poper
Diamond Member
India

Post by poper » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:19 pm

nit wrote:Can someone please answer to the above Query?

Thanks in Advance
Athvi
yes, it is possible, a pretty straight forward case

nit
Newly Registered

Post by nit » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:45 pm

Thanks.Is that because my initial grant was before April 2010 though my last extension was made after April 2011(October 2011) when i apply under Long term staff to extend beyond 5 years?

Liv1
Newly Registered

Post by Liv1 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:39 pm

should be easy:
245GF. Requirements for indefinite leave to remain
To qualify for indefinite leave to remain as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant, an applicant must meet the requirements listed below.
Requirements:

(a) The applicant must not have one or more unspent convictions within the meaning of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.

(b) The applicant must not fall for refusal under the general grounds for refusal, and must not be an illegal entrant.

(c) The applicant must have spent a continuous period of 5 years lawfully in the UK, of which the most recent period must have been spent with leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant, in any combination of the following categories:

(i) as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant,

(ii) as a Qualifying Work Permit Holder, or

(iii) as a representative of an overseas Business.

(d) The continuous period of 5 years referred to in paragraph (b) must include a period of leave as:

(i) a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant granted under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, or

(ii) a Qualifying Work Permit Holder, provided that the work permit was granted because the applicant was the subject of an Intra-Company Transfer.