ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK TIER 2 - ICT (July 2010) to New ICT

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varunragul
Newly Registered

UK TIER 2 - ICT (July 2010) to New ICT

Post by varunragul » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Hello Friends,

I had Tier 2 ICT visa issued on July 2010 and it got expired on July 2012 .
I was in UK From July 2010 to Feb 2011returned due to completion of project . My company is again planning to send me to UK via Tier 2 ICT short term . Am i eligible to apply or have to wait for 12 month cooling off period ? Some one like manci please clarify ?

Cheers,
Varun

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:26 pm

When you left the UK in February 2011 didn't your sponsor report this to UKBA, which according to the rules they were obliged to do, and if they did wasn't your leave curtailed?

If, for whatever reason, your leave wasn't curtailed and it only expired in July 2012, and if your employer wants to sponsor you as T2 ICT Short Term Staff, then the 12 months cooling-off period does apply to you. The only way to avoid the cooling-off would be if you were sponsored as T2 ICT Long Term Staff

varunragul
Newly Registered

Post by varunragul » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Thanks manci .
P: s My return was not intimated to ukba.

puneetdwd

Cooling period

Post by puneetdwd » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:23 am

HI Manci
Just curious about cooling off period of ICT Tier 2 Visa short term visa. If someone completes one year duration of stay as short term visa, and if he want to come back again with a new CoS which state higher salary eg 40K will s/he be elligible to apply irrespective of when (April 2011 rule or previous) he got the T2 short term? What I read earlier was there is cooling off period of 12 month to apply next visa.

Please bear with my ignorance.

Thanks
PD
P

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:28 pm

varunragul wrote:Thanks manci .
P: s My return was not intimated to ukba.
In that case the only way you can avoid the cooling-off period, which would end in July 2013, would be if your employer sponsored you in the T2 ICT Long Term Staff category.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Cooling period

Post by manci » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:39 pm

puneetdwd wrote:Just curious about cooling off period of ICT Tier 2 Visa short term visa. If someone completes one year duration of stay as short term visa, and if he want to come back again with a new CoS which state higher salary eg 40K will s/he be elligible to apply irrespective of when (April 2011 rule or previous) he got the T2 short term? What I read earlier was there is cooling off period of 12 month to apply next visa.
The cooling-off period doesn't apply if the entry clearance application is in the T2 ICT Long Term Staff category AND the previous visa was in the T2 ICT Short Term Staff category or under the rules in place before 6 April 2011.
See Immigration Rule 245GB:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... es/part6a/