ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Does UK BA have an SLA for processing extn apps?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cooltt_18

Does UK BA have an SLA for processing extn apps?

Post by cooltt_18 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:50 pm

Really, does it?

They hiked fees by 50% for us. They aim to meet the criteria of 75% apps in 4 weeks but is that an SLA?

Is it legally binding?

What if i were to lose my job because of the delay in extention app processing? Can I drag UKBA to the court and ask for compensation?

canon123
Member of Standing

Post by canon123 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:56 pm

u need to seek lawyer assistance to do that lol

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:57 pm

Why would you lose your job. If you make an in time application your leave is treated as continuing and you therefore continue to have the right to work. If your employer dismisses you due to your extension application taking too long then its your employer you should sue.

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:05 pm

I don't think its the employers' fault here.

Let's say its a 3 month contract role. The employer will ask if you have a 3 month visa. What do you say? I know you can explain that the visa is under process etc etc but the fact is you cannot produce any docs. Not even the passport.

Its only fair if the employer comes back and says they've selected someone else for the role, someone who ticked all the boxes and produced all the documentation.

My concern is why is UKBA taking so long to process? Does it not have adequate staff?

Has it allocated most of the staff for PEO and left very little staff to deal with postal apps?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:17 pm

I would suggest complaining to ukba and perhaps requesting a foi on their sla and staffing over if relevant period.

mark_b

Post by mark_b » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:36 pm

cooltt_18 wrote:I don't think its the employers' fault here.

Let's say its a 3 month contract role. The employer will ask if you have a 3 month visa. What do you say? I know you can explain that the visa is under process etc etc but the fact is you cannot produce any docs. Not even the passport.

Its only fair if the employer comes back and says they've selected someone else for the role, someone who ticked all the boxes and produced all the documentation.

My concern is why is UKBA taking so long to process? Does it not have adequate staff?

Has it allocated most of the staff for PEO and left very little staff to deal with postal apps?
No, from what I understand they keep laying off staff and thats why they wanted to strike before the olympics. SLA? Are you kidding? Its been on the 20th June for weeks! Pay 50% extra and then take 3+ months to process an app.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:54 pm

Greenie wrote:Why would you lose your job. If you make an in time application your leave is treated as continuing and you therefore continue to have the right to work. If your employer dismisses you due to your extension application taking too long then its your employer you should sue.
How about suing UKBA for the losses we incur in cancelling holidays etc and their extortionate fees because they fail to meet their own published standards and to provide adequate service we pay for? They do say not to make any travel plans for six months but that should apply to a minority of cases. It is obvious to everyone that they breach their processing standard in most cases, so are we justified in dragging them to court?