ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shah78
Newly Registered

Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK

Post by shah78 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:30 pm

Hi,

I had work permit in Sep 2007 until Feb 2009 , at that time there was no need of a employer to be in a sponsor list so HO don't have any records plus my colleague ,the manager did not report any thing to HO when i left the job. . I had clashes with my employer so i left the job in Oct 2008 with 30 days notice. I tried to apply for Tier 1 General but the application was going out of time so i went back to him and requested him so keep showing me as employed but not pay me. He agreed and did not inform HO. It is confirmed

I was refused the visa but then i made an appeal and granted visa in April 09 but the HO stamped and sent my pp back in with Tier 1 stamp from Sep 09.

I started self employed work since then but did not pay any tax until now. I now have shown enough funds to meet the income band in the last 12 months period.

My queries are:

1- I am not covered for the period form Feb 09 till Sep 09 technically. Would HO check with the previous employer or HMRC for this and if so how can i cover this ?

2- I was told only last 12 months earning have to be shown and it doesn't matter if i did not show enough fund for previous 02 years for ILR. Is it ok?

3- If i apply for ILR and get refused on the basis of work permit time reason would i still be able to apply for Tier 1 extension of 02 years if the objection for refusal will not be of work permit time line then should i only appeal on the basis of refusal points or also apply for Tier 1 extension.

Please note i will apply via the window same day so i will still have time for both options and also wish to apply through a solicitor. Do you have any recommendations ?

samiah123
Newly Registered

Post by samiah123 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:33 am

Hi shah78!
Any update on this. I am in the same sort of situation.

Pratham
Newly Registered

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK

Post by Pratham » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:46 pm

You may have a WP document issued by Home Office so it should not be an issue.

when did you apply for Tier 1 after your WP expired? you may not meet continuous residence requirement if the gap is more than 60 days.

Where the applicant has a break in employment and applies for further leave as a Tier 2
migrant or a work permit holder to work for a new sponsor or on a new work permit within 60
days of the end of the employment with the previous sponsor or permitted employer, such a
period may be disregarded for ILR.
Also, where the applicant has made a successful application to switch into a Tier 1 category
during the 60 day period, for the purpose of calculating the permitted absences, the
applicant will be considered to have been a Tier 1 migrant from the date of that application.
So for the purpose of paragraph 245AAA (b) the applicant will have had Tier 1 leave from
that date

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

shah78 wrote:Hi,

I had work permit in Sep 2007 until Feb 2009 , at that time there was no need of a employer to be in a sponsor list so HO don't have any records plus my colleague ,the manager did not report any thing to HO when i left the job. . I had clashes with my employer so i left the job in Oct 2008 with 30 days notice. I tried to apply for Tier 1 General but the application was going out of time so i went back to him and requested him so keep showing me as employed but not pay me. He agreed and did not inform HO. It is confirmed

I was refused the visa but then i made an appeal and granted visa in April 09 but the HO stamped and sent my pp back in with Tier 1 stamp from Sep 09.

I started self employed work since then but did not pay any tax until now. I now have shown enough funds to meet the income band in the last 12 months period.

My queries are:

1- I am not covered for the period form Feb 09 till Sep 09 technically. Would HO check with the previous employer or HMRC for this and if so how can i cover this ?

2- I was told only last 12 months earning have to be shown and it doesn't matter if i did not show enough fund for previous 02 years for ILR. Is it ok?

3- If i apply for ILR and get refused on the basis of work permit time reason would i still be able to apply for Tier 1 extension of 02 years if the objection for refusal will not be of work permit time line then should i only appeal on the basis of refusal points or also apply for Tier 1 extension.

Please note i will apply via the window same day so i will still have time for both options and also wish to apply through a solicitor. Do you have any recommendations ?

samiah123
Newly Registered

Post by samiah123 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:38 pm

thanks for the info Pratham.

samiah123
Newly Registered

Post by samiah123 » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:58 pm

My route is 10 year residence ILR. When my WP employment ended, I still had 2 years remaining leave on the basis of WP. But the gap between end of employment and switching to a different category was about 6 months (I switched to another category before expiry of my WP leave).
I have WP document issued by Home Office (which you are saying should cover me in this situation ?)

t0mmy

Post by t0mmy » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:15 pm

samiah123 and Shah.
I just had my ILR approved. I was on WP and then switched to Tier 1 G. The CW specifically asked for any docs to show I was working with WP employer before I switched to Tier 1. Docs he asked was P60 or employer letter. So if you could somehow have a letter from the wp employer it should be OK as you cant show the tax docs. Though I think your stay is illegal once WP employment has ended and you haven't switched to a new category within 2 months.

samiah123
Newly Registered

Post by samiah123 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:05 pm

thanks