ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pathetic service from UK Border Agency!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nnr21
Newly Registered

Post by nnr21 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:40 am

Is it a Joke! they took £1500 and keeps us waiting for more than 110 days. I gave my biometric on 21st how long they will take it to update!!

I called them up yesterday a lady said "We can't help and we don't have status information at all"

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:00 pm

Greenie wrote:
Citigirl wrote:
Greenie wrote:This was not about student visa extensions but about work permits for Romanian and Bulgarian nationals. You will see the student at the centre of the article complained to the parliamentary ombudsman. UKCISA have also been lobbying ukba about it-that's why they have agreed to clear the backlog-not because the guardian got involved.
Correct, I should have written "work and post-study work visas for students". Since we all work for different employers or are self-employed, I cannot think of an industry organisation which could lobby on our behalf so the media seems to be the only option. As for complaining to the UKBA, they make it clear that we have no right to complain about delays. And I would not trust the UKBA not to make the complaining applicant's life even more difficult.
it wasn't about work and post study work visas for students-it was about work permits for Romanians and Bulgarians studying in the UK,-my point being that the reason then agreed to deal with the backlog is because this involved Eea nationals and a lobby group.
You have every right to complain about delays if you wish to and this would not have any bearing on the outcome of your application
Complain to whom Greenie? And who's to say complaining would not have any bearing on the app? Surely, that's the major reason why people do not seem to complain and only vent out on online forums. In any case, we do not seem to have anyone to complain to.

The media will not take this up as "anti-immigration" is a hot cake right now. General public do not understand our situation and would think of us as ungrateful, whingeing immigrants.

I am not too sure about MPs either. I do not understand why no MP has raised this issue so far in the parliament and took Theresa May and UK BA to task.

It really is becoming a joke now.

zeberga
Newly Registered

Post by zeberga » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Someone here said it may not be their fault. Well,

1. They said their standard is to process 75% in 4 weeks. They are no where close to that.

2. Given they haven't met their standard we deserve an explanation why, and what we can expect next. I am paying my hard-earned 1,500 pounds for a product they are selling me. Here is an excerpt from their website that contradicts what they are doing.
We charge fees to ensure that we raise the money we need to run a strong, robust immigration system and to offer a world-class level of service. We set our fees at levels that are fair to our customers.
We have made carefully considered decisions to set some fees at or below the cost of delivery and other fees (such as the application fee for British nationality) above the cost of delivery, to reflect the value of the product.

Our method of setting fees will help to protect some routes from significant increases, and will contribute to the additional revenue needed to fund enforcement and other improvements to the immigration system.
3. It takes weeks to get confirmation of application submission and some more time to get biometric letter. Given this period is significant it should also be included in their time estimate.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:38 pm

zeberga wrote:Someone here said it may not be their fault.
In addition, they also misrepresent by posting the processing standard which runs from the biometrics submission whereas we cannot submit without them issuing an invitation letter. Which took nine weeks in my case.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Greenie wrote:You have every right to complain about delays if you wish to
Oh really? So which option should I follow on the How to make a complaint section of the UKBA website?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... o-complain

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:49 pm

Citigirl wrote:
Greenie wrote:You have every right to complain about delays if you wish to
Oh really? So which option should I follow on the How to make a complaint section of the UKBA website?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... o-complain
yes really.

'i am unhappy about the standard of service received from the UK border agency'

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:01 pm

Greenie wrote:'i am unhappy about the standard of service received from the UK border agency'
The full text is "I am unhappy about the standard of service received from the UK Border Agency (other than in the categories listed above)". The relevant category above is "I want an update on the progress of an application" which goes on to say that "you cannot ask for an update until a certain time has passed since you made your application". Six months to be precise.

Or am I missing something and if I complain to the UKBA they will realise how badly they treat us and will improve the service for everyone?
Last edited by Citigirl on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:03 pm

You are not asking for an update you are complaining about the length of time your application has taken.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:05 pm

Greenie wrote:You are not asking for an update you are complaining about the length of time your application has taken.
So will it help my application if I complain?
Last edited by Citigirl on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:07 pm

Not necessarily but it won't hinder it. It has more likelihood of helping than posting on this thread which appears to be going round in circles.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:09 pm

I bet that they will still revert me to the part saying you cannot say anyting until six months have elapsed.

It does look like you work for the UKBA, so if you try to discourage us from going to the media, maybe it is the way to go!

zeberga
Newly Registered

Post by zeberga » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:16 pm

SAR didn't help me.
Last edited by zeberga on Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:24 pm

Citigirl wrote:I bet that they will still revert me to the part saying you cannot say anyting until six months have elapsed.

It does look like you work for the UKBA, so if you try to discourage us from going to the media, maybe it is the way to go!
oh no! My cover is blown! After all these years masquerading as someone offering detailed advice for free on immigration matters i have finally been found out as a ukba spy! My reverse psychology failed! I'll keep my eye on bbc news 24 shall i?

Shadry
BANNED

Post by Shadry » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:31 pm

Where the f****ck are the moderators on this forum. I think this Greenie guy should be banned for heavens sake.

He has nothing to offer upstairs and his advice is so annoying

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:38 pm

If this is what the UKBA staff do instead of working on our applications, this explains everything.
Greenie wrote:oh no! My cover is blown! After all these years masquerading as someone offering detailed advice for free on immigration matters i have finally been found out as a ukba spy! My reverse psychology failed! I'll keep my eye on bbc news 24 shall i?
Is this the best you can do instead of writing something of substance? As for your cover, you could be a UKBA person monitoring the customer satisfaction with their services to prevent PR disasters of which UKBA has had many, like our going to the Guardian. Your 5766 posts in four years do look like a full-time job.
Last edited by Citigirl on Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:49 pm

I have tried to offer practical advice but you are too busy whining and disagreeing for the sake of it. My post above is clearly sarcastic. I don't work for the ukba but if you want to think i do because i am not agreeing with everything you say that's up to you.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:53 pm

Greenie wrote:I have tried to offer practical advice but you are too busy whining and disagreeing for the sake of it. My post above is clearly sarcastic. I don't work for the ukba but if you want to think i do because i am not agreeing with everything you say that's up to you.
Your practical advice is to complain to the agency which is abusing its powers. And if you think that people like us have nothing to "whine" about, this thread is not for you.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:57 pm

Lets all cool off
Last edited by aravindb4u on Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

mark_b

Post by mark_b » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:43 pm

Well said aravindb4u!

Just cancelled my flight back home for my first visit in 2 years as its clear my passport won't be back by next Friday. So fustrated that's why I started this tread but it seems like we are in the same boat

:(

e30touring
Newly Registered

Post by e30touring » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:02 pm

mark_b wrote:

Just cancelled my flight back home for my first visit in 2 years as its clear my passport won't be back by next Friday. So fustrated that's why I started this tread but it seems like we are in the same boat

In the same boat Mark-B. I posted my passport on 12 May. Attended biometrics on 23 June. I have missed a visiting professorship for this August. I will miss a family holiday back home starting on 1 September and a conference in mid September. More annoyingly, I had a job offer that i cant now pick up. I am consulting a lawyer to see if I there can be recourse. I am super frustrated and thats an understatement. I cannot believe that we have no rights at all, no recourse, nothing. We pay lots of tax, claim nothing in benefits and are then treated like this. Once I get my papers, I intend to complain very loudly. I hope I will be joined by some of you.

FreakzoiD
Newly Registered

Post by FreakzoiD » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm in a similar if not same boat as you guys, I submitted my biometrics on 9 July.

I was looking at some of the approvals on trackitt.com, and it seems that a few people who submitted biometrics after 20 June (albeit not too much later) have got their extensions approved. And some of these were completed a few daya ago when the date shown on the UKBA website was 18 June or so.

www.spammer.com/uk-immigration- ... nsion/1959
www.spammer.com/uk-immigration- ... nsion/1890
www.spammer.com/uk-immigration- ... nsion/1798

Anyway my point is that the processing time on the UKBA website may not be 100% accurate, and it is possible that the people complaining on this forum fall in the unlucky 25% bracket who take longer than 4 weeks (you would only post if something went wrong).

I could be wrong, but trying to be optimistic!

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:56 pm

All hope for the best

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:39 am

e30touring wrote:
mark_b wrote:

In the same boat Mark-B. I posted my passport on 12 May. Attended biometrics on 23 June. I have missed a visiting professorship for this August. I will miss a family holiday back home starting on 1 September and a conference in mid September. More annoyingly, I had a job offer that i cant now pick up. I am consulting a lawyer to see if I there can be recourse. I am super frustrated and thats an understatement. I cannot believe that we have no rights at all, no recourse, nothing. We pay lots of tax, claim nothing in benefits and are then treated like this. Once I get my papers, I intend to complain very loudly. I hope I will be joined by some of you.
I will definitely join you. For the sake of all, can you pls let us know if there is any recourse for this pathetic service standard? I've been offered a perm role and I cannot say for certain to my employer when will I get my visa extended from UKBA.

Its massively frustrating. In any other industry, UKBA would've been sued left, right and centre and made to compensate for this bloody mess. I am sure there must be something we can do?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:52 am

I have already suggested what can be done. You can complain to ukba and if you are not happy with their reply then involve the parliamentary ombudsman. Apparently this suggestion meant i was supporting and/or working for ukba.

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:54 am

Greenie wrote:I have already suggested what can be done. You can complain to ukba and if you are not happy with their reply then involve the parliamentary ombudsman. Apparently this suggestion meant i was supporting and/or working for ukba.
Thanks Greenie. Would you know how do i go about complaining to parliamentary ombudsman?