ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for spouse visa but previously overstayed !!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hamjam
Newly Registered

Applying for spouse visa but previously overstayed !!

Post by Hamjam » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:36 pm

Hey guys I'm really really worried .... I wanted to know if someone was in uk and overstayed their visit visa and then they got into a relationship with a birth citizen and married them ... Would thy be able to apply for a spouse visa from their home country or would their overstay affect their spouse application .. And so be refused :(((( Thanks[/b]

skyepark

Post by skyepark » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:26 pm

There is a lot of infor on here about previous cases and lots to read, it is possible but also better to apply from the home country, depending on the details of the case.

Hamjam
Newly Registered

Post by Hamjam » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:57 pm

Yhh I've read most of them but I'm not sure whether the change to article 8 will affect overstayers :(( and thanks for ur reply