ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query abt points for my net earning - weird one .....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mr_pankaj

Query abt points for my net earning - weird one .....

Post by mr_pankaj » Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:34 pm

Hi Friends,

I am in a weird problem and need your suggestions about what would be treated as my salary bracket as it gives me the crucial FIVE points to make my total to 75 (otherwise I get 70 points) ?

QUESTION 1:

Case : My current salary package is INR 470,000 p.a.
But things change for me based on the currency rates,

i.e. my Salary is

More than GBP 5500 p.a. when 1GBP < INR85.45 ... gives me 30 points.
Equal to GBP 5500 p.a. when 1GBP = INR85.45 ... gives me 30 points.
Less than GBP 5500 p.a. when 1GBP > INR85.45 ... gives me 25 points.

AND, unfortunately my total points come down to 70 if I get 25 points in the above criteria, on the other hand I fulfill the criteria of total 75 points if I get 30 points above.
Therefore on some days I meet the criteria and sometimes I dont (depending on how strong INR or GBP goes).

My Question : What date currency rate (from official website i.e. www.xe.com/ucc ) would the case worker use for my application. Can there be any additional document I can attach along with my application pack?

QUESTION 2 :
Apart from my current full time Job, I also take private tutions for which I get paid in cash (because its a small sum) ..... how can I show that as my additional earnings??? ..... I am asking this in conjunction to the abouve query as if I do not score the required 30 points for my earnings, I want to show the money I earn by tutions as part of my total earnings.

Please suggest ?

many thanks

hsmp.applicant2007

Post by hsmp.applicant2007 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:29 pm

Hi,

In response to your questions,

Q1 - The GBP coversion rate used for the calculation is the conversion rate on the LAST DAY of your LAST salary slip among the 12 months you claiming. So If you claim Jan2006 to Dec2006 as your earning period, then the GBP coversion rate on 31 Dec 2006 is used for the calculations.

Q2 - Unfortunately, I am not experienced with this area (self-employment rules).....so don't want to give you any wrong info to your 2nd question.

Regards.

basitali

Post by basitali » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:32 pm

Hi,

Its not converted on current exchange rate it is converted on the rate whent the money is earned let say you earned that money in Jun 05 to jun 06 so your salary will be converted at that time GBP rate. you will most likley get 35 points.

Regards,

Basit Ali

mr_pankaj

Post by mr_pankaj » Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:43 pm

thanks guys .....

So do you mean they going to take an average of the currency rates for the last day of the each month eg. avg. of 31jan06, 28feb06, 31mar06 .... and so on till 31dec06 ?

Please clarify - I am worried abt this.

thanks again.

basitali

Post by basitali » Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:04 pm

Yes thats right because i got this information from HSMP Team so need to worry mate :) :) :)

Regards,

Basit

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:30 pm

Read Paramjit's response at the end of this post