ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Early Extension Help required

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

max2k12
Newly Registered

Early Extension Help required

Post by max2k12 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:34 am

Hi All Members,

My visa is expiring on 02 feb 2013, can any one please guide me that how early I can apply for the extension.

I am a salaried employee and my earnings for 9 months is equal to what I need for extension.

if I apply in October will I get my new start from feb 2013 or from 2013

I was searching on the forum and the result are mixed, some people are saying you can apply some are not.

I am wondering if any senior members, guru, or any experienced fellow who already did the above before help me.

Thanks in advance waiting for your reply.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:34 am

You can apply now or at any time but you can't expect the unexpired leave to be added to you next grant, which will be for a fixed term.

max2k12
Newly Registered

Post by max2k12 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:35 pm

thanks, so its better I wait till January or December ??

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:26 pm

max2k12 wrote:thanks, so its better I wait till January or December ??
As per the UKBA guidelines if you apply for your extension no earlier than 28 days before your current leave to remain expires, then your extension will be granted from the current leave expiry date.

However if you apply earlier than this then the chances are that the extension will be granted from the date the UKBA make a decision on your application. Note that if you search this forum you will find experiences that differ to this. But if you want ensure that your extension is granted from the current visa expiry date then the best option would indeed be to delay your application.

max2k12
Newly Registered

re

Post by max2k12 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks again, for clarification. I will then wait till January :(

more questions. All my payslips are Sage generated are they ok ? or do i need to get this stamped and signed ?

last one. my company always issue pay slip on 30 or 31, but salary come to my account on 2, 3 or maximum 4 of every month is that OK ?

Ta

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Re: re

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:20 pm

max2k12 wrote:Thanks again, for clarification. I will then wait till January :(

more questions. All my payslips are Sage generated are they ok ? or do i need to get this stamped and signed ?

ITS OK, as long as its original and has been issued by your employer. you dont need to sign or stamp it

last one. my company always issue pay slip on 30 or 31, but salary come to my account on 2, 3 or maximum 4 of every month is that OK ?

ITS OK.

Ta
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.