ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ATAS Certificate - Yes or no?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jul190
Newly Registered

ATAS Certificate - Yes or no?

Post by jul190 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:43 pm

Hi all,
I am asking this on behalf of a friend. It's really urgent please help!

'There are some curtailing issues with the Tier 4 Student Visa I am currently on which I am currently sorting out now. I graduated this July and will be starting my masters in the same institution in september. My visa currently is set to expire in 2013 but as my institution informed home office that i will be graduating this year, they curtailed it and after many discussions they lifted the curtailment. The institution is now demanding that i apply for a new visa but home office have not said anything to me. so I may or may not need to apply for a new student visa in October. I will be study for a postgraduate degree in mechanical engineering and will need an ATAS Certificate IF i need to apply for a new visa.

Do you recommend I apply for the ATAS clearance anyway even though i may not need it so as to save the time and hassle if i need it in september?'

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:12 pm

Apply for ATAS now or you won't get it in time. Do you have it in writing that your visa is no longer curtailed?

jul190
Newly Registered

Post by jul190 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:32 pm

Thank you so much.
I will send the application through; fingers crossed it doesn't take more than 20days as they stated.

One question though: the passport number on the offer letter is different from the one on the ATAS as the one on the offer letter has now expired. Will this pose a problem?

jul190
Newly Registered

Post by jul190 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:34 pm

I do have it in writing that the visa wont be curtailed but the institution insists that i will have to re-apply as they have already informed UKBA that I graduated this year. But as I will be returning to study with them, this shouldn't be a problem..right?!