ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

To lukapooka and newperson

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

malwajatt
Newly Registered

To lukapooka and newperson

Post by malwajatt » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:28 pm

To luckapooka and newperson,

The value elderly add to this useless exchequer is that their kids are high rate tax payers into it and not claiming a single penny.

People who have parents are not going to leave them alone, they will either fight legal cases to challenge the government or leave the country with their skills.

That will just leave people like u in this country to get old with a crumbling nhs system all to yourself.

Malwajatt

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:15 pm

Malwajatt, you misspelt my username. I don't see the point or relevance of this thread; what is it that you are trying to say? I live in Brazil and have a private health plan; the public service here is completely inadequate.

newperson

Re: To lukapooka and newperson

Post by newperson » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:58 pm

malwajatt wrote:To luckapooka and newperson,

The value elderly add to this useless exchequer is that their kids are high rate tax payers into it and not claiming a single penny.

People who have parents are not going to leave them alone, they will either fight legal cases to challenge the government or leave the country with their skills.

That will just leave people like u in this country to get old with a crumbling nhs system all to yourself.

Malwajatt
First reaction: Meh.

Second reaction: As an immigrant to the UK myself, I know for a fact that the argument "If the Home Office does/doesn't do X, everyone will leave the country with their skills" carries no weight with the policy muckalucks in this or any other Government. They just don't care. As long as the UK has a marginally better quality of life relative to any other country in this wide world, people will want to move there. When that changes, the migrant tap will turn off and the flow reverse.

Third reaction: The UK is a welfare state. India, Bangladesh, Brazil, etc. are not welfare states. Welfare states cost money. So even if it is a great hypocrisy in which UK natives are trying relentlessly to cheat their own system, Governments will go through the motions of trying to keep out individuals whom they (or rather the public) consider to be an unreasonable drain on the system.

Fourth reaction: Don't take this so personally. It's just a policy position. I don't hate you. The Government doesn't hate you. In fact, the Government nothings you. Come to terms with that indifference and you'll go far.

Good luck.