ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Increase in salary and promotion

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andy77
Newly Registered

Increase in salary and promotion

Post by andy77 » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:30 pm

Hi Everyone,

I have recently joined this forum so a big hello to everyone.

My ILR is due in next couple of month so i had decided to get my docs together, while doing so i came across a point which made me a bit worried.

I am on a work permit since past 5ys and have not changed employers, about 6 months ago i was promoted in my organisation, the duties, terms and condition, etc remained the same as previously but my salary had increased, it is above the SOC code rate of pay for your info and is within the same SOC code title.

My worry is that this has not been intimated to the ukba by my employer, and even i didn't know about it as a requirement till quite recently.My employer does not hold a sponsor license as it was not required back then and i was the last employee they ever employed on a work permit.

Is there something i can do now to rectify this? Was this mandatory by my employer to be done?

Would be great if someone could point me to the right direction

cheers

andy77
Newly Registered

Re: Increase in salary and promotion

Post by andy77 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:43 pm

hi guys any thoughts on this

cheers
andy77 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I have recently joined this forum so a big hello to everyone.

My ILR is due in next couple of month so i had decided to get my docs together, while doing so i came across a point which made me a bit worried.

I am on a work permit since past 5ys and have not changed employers, about 6 months ago i was promoted in my organisation, the duties, terms and condition, etc remained the same as previously but my salary had increased, it is above the SOC code rate of pay for your info and is within the same SOC code title.

My worry is that this has not been intimated to the ukba by my employer, and even i didn't know about it as a requirement till quite recently.My employer does not hold a sponsor license as it was not required back then and i was the last employee they ever employed on a work permit.

Is there something i can do now to rectify this? Was this mandatory by my employer to be done?

Would be great if someone could point me to the right direction

cheers

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:51 am

Hi

There's nothing to worry about any thing for you I am completely and exactly in the same boat as you're 5 years WP with the same employer got my Salary increased and got promoted as well.

My employer hasn't got the license as well as back in 2007 when I got my WP it wasn't required and every since after that my employer hasn't employed any one from abroad so he doesn't need it at all which is pretty much understandable.

You dont really have to worry about any thing as the rules will apply to those only who got their WP or Tier 2 on or After the 6th April 2011 that's what the answer I've got from my employer and I dont have any thing a part trusting their answer will be applying for my ILR soon as well will definitely keep the forum updated as well.[/code]

andy77
Newly Registered

Post by andy77 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Hey that good to know, but has your employer been in touch with the ukba regarding this, as i have been doing a bit of digging myself and it reflects that this point can be treated as a refusal reason. Has anyone in this forum been granted ILR under similar circumstances?

would love to know if u have any further info on this.

Also would be great if any moderators or senior members can throw some light on this point

cheers
Smam wrote:Hi

There's nothing to worry about any thing for you I am completely and exactly in the same boat as you're 5 years WP with the same employer got my Salary increased and got promoted as well.

My employer hasn't got the license as well as back in 2007 when I got my WP it wasn't required and every since after that my employer hasn't employed any one from abroad so he doesn't need it at all which is pretty much understandable.

You dont really have to worry about any thing as the rules will apply to those only who got their WP or Tier 2 on or After the 6th April 2011 that's what the answer I've got from my employer and I dont have any thing a part trusting their answer will be applying for my ILR soon as well will definitely keep the forum updated as well.[/code]

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:50 am

Hi

Well let me tell you that many of my friends got their ILR fairly recently and they've never ever been asked regarding that employer license well this rule didn't replies to those who have got their WP or tier 2 before 6th April 2011 so I think at this point we shouldn't we getting worried about any thing. Think about it mate if its any thing compulsory it has been mentioned clearly by the UKBA like they've mentioned about the SOC code as it'll applies to all so I haven't come accross any thing like that so far in my research so far till yet I'm a member of this forum for the past 10 odd months or so but I haven't come accross any case which has mentioned any thing regarding any thing employers license and to be honest with you it can't be the reason for refusal by any means at all as it has got nothing to do with the applicant it self it has to do with the employer not the employee mate.

Well I am sharing my thoughts with you. I think that's what this forum is for.

Good luck for your ILR.

andy77
Newly Registered

Post by andy77 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:33 am

Hi

Great of u to share your thoughts, u r absolutely right that all of us should discuss these points so as to arrive at the right conclusion thats what this forum is for. My employer having a license or not is irrelevant, u r right there.

Please have a look at the link attachched and go through the point which says " Different job, same employer", do u think it applies to people like us or it refers to another aspect. The ukba is not very specific at it as usual.

sorry if anyone feels i am going on about this its just i dont want to leave anything to chance and would like to get as much info as possible.

cheers

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

quote="Smam"]Hi

Well let me tell you that many of my friends got their ILR fairly recently and they've never ever been asked regarding that employer license well this rule didn't replies to those who have got their WP or tier 2 before 6th April 2011 so I think at this point we shouldn't we getting worried about any thing. Think about it mate if its any thing compulsory it has been mentioned clearly by the UKBA like they've mentioned about the SOC code as it'll applies to all so I haven't come accross any thing like that so far in my research so far till yet I'm a member of this forum for the past 10 odd months or so but I haven't come accross any case which has mentioned any thing regarding any thing employers license and to be honest with you it can't be the reason for refusal by any means at all as it has got nothing to do with the applicant it self it has to do with the employer not the employee mate.

Well I am sharing my thoughts with you. I think that's what this forum is for.

Good luck for your ILR.[/quote]

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi Mate,

Well you know most of knowledge I share on the forum is from my company HR director who use to work as a senior CW in Croydon for good 10 years and he's on top of every rule and he ellaborate every thing when ever he got the time or he's in a good mood to do it.

As I've mentioned to you earlier that these changes of job and other rules only applies to those who have got their WP on or after the 6th April 2011 so I think we're safe here again. A rule applies forward not back ward mate unless and untill its stated by the UKBA which I really agrees with you that its not the case at all in UKBA that the information available on their website is so confusing to understand for a common mind so that's why Thanks to God I always take the opportunity to discuss all these stuffs with my employer time to time.

The MAC Migration Advisory commitee brought the SOC codes rules just to check the resident labour markets that's why it started applying to all of us other wise nothing else.

And one more thing if you are sharing your knowledge you shouldn't be feeling sorry or saying sorry for any thing at all mate.

Good luck for your ILR and I am hoping that you're finiding my replies logical and use full adding up to your mind like mind simply.

andy77
Newly Registered

Post by andy77 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi mate, it is such a relief being able to relate to similar circumstances cases and ur detailed description is quite welcomed. Just to clarify and maybe u can run this past ur HR director that there is a line on our visas that' work and other such changes must be authorized' would this be applicable in cases like ours where there has been a promotion and the salary has increased.

Cheers

quote="Smam"]Hi Mate,

Well you know most of knowledge I share on the forum is from my company HR director who use to work as a senior CW in Croydon for good 10 years and he's on top of every rule and he ellaborate every thing when ever he got the time or he's in a good mood to do it.

As I've mentioned to you earlier that these changes of job and other rules only applies to those who have got their WP on or after the 6th April 2011 so I think we're safe here again. A rule applies forward not back ward mate unless and untill its stated by the UKBA which I really agrees with you that its not the case at all in UKBA that the information available on their website is so confusing to understand for a common mind so that's why Thanks to God I always take the opportunity to discuss all these stuffs with my employer time to time.

The MAC Migration Advisory commitee brought the SOC codes rules just to check the resident labour markets that's why it started applying to all of us other wise nothing else.

And one more thing if you are sharing your knowledge you shouldn't be feeling sorry or saying sorry for any thing at all mate.

Good luck for your ILR and I am hoping that you're finiding my replies logical and use full adding up to your mind like mind simply.[/quote]

Smam

Post by Smam » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:43 am

Hi Andy77

I my self work as a Corporate Finance and Financial Management of International Business Consultant and my firm is a Consultancy firm which comes amongst top 100 Consultancy firms in the UK.
work and other such changes must be authorized'
Right I didn't get the chance to discuss this with my HR director as I told u that he seldomly speaks regarding all these UKBA rules and regulations and the things like that mate lets face it he has got some top notch UK investment bank in his clients portfolio like Meryl Lynch, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, and some other top Investment Whiz like them and he charge any where up to £500-£900 per client per day depending on your case so he's not a kind of person who just sits and answer my each and every querry.

The question what you've raised in your post relates to the facts means some major changes for eg your company has changed its registered address remember I said registered address not the business address you can have 2 different addresses registered address is the one which is in HO records for your WP purporses and business address could be any where, other changes means your company has gone through a Major Take Over or a Merger which has affected companies trading and registered name, your company has transfered you in a completely different departments for eg from Finance to Marketing or International HR or International Stratetgic Management or some thing like that than your employer need to notify these kinds of changes to the HO.

Mate lets face it in this way there are only less than 1% people notify many changes and other stuffs to the HO cause they dont really want to put their selves in any kinds of hassle or trouble they'll ask you to work for Marketing dept and on your ILR letter they'll mention that you're looking after their Finance Dept on which you've got your WP orignally and the people who work for UKBA are just normal people like you and me and they dont really have a crystal ball to see what you've done in the past and how's your private life and the things like that. They're simply trained to follow the books. My HR director told me that most of the CW are just normal GCSE or Max A level qualified who got the training to match the stuffs and see the points and the things like that that's all about it. They're not Phd's or any thing like that cause they work on the lowest Govt Salary band mate. I m talking about the normal CW not the senior CW dont know much about Senior CW or other people but even them they're just normal human beings like you and me they'll only know the stuffs what you wanted to tell them.

Hopefully I've cleared some of your doubts and tried my best to answer your questions.

Good luck for your ILR.

andy77
Newly Registered

Post by andy77 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:20 pm

Quite eloquently if i may say so, great to get these inputs.

I understand what ur trying to say, hope everything goes well, will update of any changes soon

Smam wrote:Hi Andy77

I my self work as a Corporate Finance and Financial Management of International Business Consultant and my firm is a Consultancy firm which comes amongst top 100 Consultancy firms in the UK.
work and other such changes must be authorized'
Right I didn't get the chance to discuss this with my HR director as I told u that he seldomly speaks regarding all these UKBA rules and regulations and the things like that mate lets face it he has got some top notch UK investment bank in his clients portfolio like Meryl Lynch, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, and some other top Investment Whiz like them and he charge any where up to £500-£900 per client per day depending on your case so he's not a kind of person who just sits and answer my each and every querry.

The question what you've raised in your post relates to the facts means some major changes for eg your company has changed its registered address remember I said registered address not the business address you can have 2 different addresses registered address is the one which is in HO records for your WP purporses and business address could be any where, other changes means your company has gone through a Major Take Over or a Merger which has affected companies trading and registered name, your company has transfered you in a completely different departments for eg from Finance to Marketing or International HR or International Stratetgic Management or some thing like that than your employer need to notify these kinds of changes to the HO.

Mate lets face it in this way there are only less than 1% people notify many changes and other stuffs to the HO cause they dont really want to put their selves in any kinds of hassle or trouble they'll ask you to work for Marketing dept and on your ILR letter they'll mention that you're looking after their Finance Dept on which you've got your WP orignally and the people who work for UKBA are just normal people like you and me and they dont really have a crystal ball to see what you've done in the past and how's your private life and the things like that. They're simply trained to follow the books. My HR director told me that most of the CW are just normal GCSE or Max A level qualified who got the training to match the stuffs and see the points and the things like that that's all about it. They're not Phd's or any thing like that cause they work on the lowest Govt Salary band mate. I m talking about the normal CW not the senior CW dont know much about Senior CW or other people but even them they're just normal human beings like you and me they'll only know the stuffs what you wanted to tell them.

Hopefully I've cleared some of your doubts and tried my best to answer your questions.

Good luck for your ILR.