ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax Computation and Company Returns - ILR Application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sofyb
Newly Registered

Tax Computation and Company Returns - ILR Application

Post by sofyb » Thu May 03, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi All,

I will be applying for my ILR on 22nd May (Croydon PEO - In person interview).

I am self employed since April 2010 and have my own pvt. limited company. I am stuck with a problem regarding the tax computation and company returns for 2011-2012. My financial year is from 1st May to 30th April , so my accountant says its not enough time for him to finish my tax computation and company returns in time for my application on 22nd May.

What should I do ? Is there any other document that I could provide ? I believe UKBA would need my tax computation and company returns for 2011-2012 but the accountant says that there is usually 9 months time to file the returns.

I am confused ! I am applying on my own and not through an agency. PLEASE PLEASE help me as I am not able to find any guidance on the ukba website regarding this.

Jami seems to be helping everyone with their applications. I would be thankful if you can guide me here.

Regards,
Sofy

sofyb
Newly Registered

Post by sofyb » Thu May 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Please help me regarding this. It is quite urgent !

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Thu May 03, 2012 4:43 pm

sofyb wrote:Please help me regarding this. It is quite urgent !
sofyb, your accountant is right in saying that preparing company returns take time and one has 9 months from the end of the company year to file the returns.

You may provide the following documents instead:
- Payslips from your limited company - issued by your accountant
- Dividend vouchers - self issued and signed - on a professional letter head or document
- Personal bank statements showing the above payments
- Accountant letter to confirm both dividends and salaries (see my other post http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#628662)

mehulsanghvi
Newly Registered

Post by mehulsanghvi » Thu May 03, 2012 5:17 pm

Hello sofyb,

There is a fine distinction between being self-employed and being director of a limited company in terms of taxation.

It is mandatory to submit company accounts and other company details (invoices, bank statements etc) if you are self employed. Whereas formally, you need to submit your personal income proofs as long as you are applying as a director/shareholder of a private limited company.

I am assuming that you are the director and a shareholder of your private limited company and in that case you will need to only submit the evidences that krthk.s has listed above.

My case is very similar to yours (with my company year ending on 30th Apr). I have my ILR appnt booked at Croydon for 8th May and I am going to submit following documents:

(Period claimed - Apr11 to Mar12)
Documents for Previous Earnings:
- Payslips (printed on original stationary and hence not stamped)
- Dividend Vouchers (printed on letter-headed paper and stamped and signed by me)
- Original Bank Statements
- Letter from my accountant (on his letter head) confirming the gross and net earnings (Salary and Dividend) that I recd from the company for the year Apr-11 to Mar-12.
- I have mentioned the accountants ACCA membership number in my covering letter and also provided a copy of his membership certificate, though this is not required, i guess
- All previous P60s (including the ones that I received from my pvt ltd co.)

In my covering letter, I've mentioned that the above documents have been submitted as evidence of my previous earnings. Whereas I am also submitting following documents as additional information

Additional documents for private limited company
- Copy of incorporation certificate
- Company accounts and Annual Return for 2010-11
- Original acknowledgement letter from HMRC with break-up and amount of corporation tax paid for 2010-11
- Original business bank statements for 2011-12

Hope this helps.

Regards

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Thu May 03, 2012 5:22 pm

mehulsanghvi wrote:Hello sofyb,

There is a fine distinction between being self-employed and being director of a limited company in terms of taxation.

It is mandatory to submit company accounts and other company details (invoices, bank statements etc) if you are self employed. Whereas formally, you need to submit your personal income proofs as long as you are applying as a director/shareholder of a private limited company.

I am assuming that you are the director and a shareholder of your private limited company and in that case you will need to only submit the evidences that krthk.s has listed above.

My case is very similar to yours (with my company year ending on 30th Apr). I have my ILR appnt booked at Croydon for 8th May and I am going to submit following documents:

- Dividend Vouchers (printed on letter-headed paper and stamped and signed by me)
- Letter from my accountant (on his letter head) confirming the gross and net earnings (Salary and Dividend) that I recd from the company for the year Apr-11 to Mar-12.
- I have mentioned the accountants ACCA membership number in my covering letter and also provided a copy of his membership certificate, though this is not required, i guess

In my covering letter, I've mentioned that the above documents have been submitted as evidence of my previous earnings. Whereas I am also submitting following documents as additional information

- Original acknowledgement letter from HMRC with break-up and amount of corporation tax paid for 2010-11

Hope this helps.

Regards
Good luck mehulsanghvi. My appointment is on the 9th. I will await your post to know about your experience.

Rajuk09
Member of Standing

Post by Rajuk09 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:24 am

mehulsanghvi wrote:Hello sofyb,

Hope this helps.

Regards
mate ,what happened to you application ?

mehulsanghvi
Newly Registered

Post by mehulsanghvi » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:29 pm

Rajuk09 - mate ,what happened to you application ?
Because of IT Issues UKBA took in all the papers on the day of appointment and I got an approval letter +BRPs 25 days later in post/courier.

All the documents that I have mentioned in my previous post were more than enough in my case.

Regards