ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overseas earnings and staying out of UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scoelho

overseas earnings and staying out of UK

Post by scoelho » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:58 pm

Hi,

I have a question regarding Tier 1 extension, I recently extended my Tier 1 visa, now I got an offer with Belgium company and I am planning to move to Belgium. My Tier 1 is valid until JUN 2014, I assume I can extend my tier 1 with my Belgium earnings but I will be out of UK, am I still eligible to extend my tier 1? I know it effects my ILR but no choice. Does any one have similar experiences, please help me with my question.

Thanks,
SS

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:36 pm

It's okay for now but I would envisage that this curious loophole in the rules might be removed in the future if people continue to extend on this basis rather than switch to another category or simply quit. Having migrants who are not resident in the UK (with no mandatory tax liabilities) yet having permission to live or leave there dependants there while they remain abroad, is bizarre to say the least.

maggyfu1
Newly Registered

Post by maggyfu1 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:11 pm

hey funmiles,

just a word of warning...........shouldnt affect your Tier 1 but make sure you read the rules on time out of country and just pop back for a visit to luvly UK every 60days or so. I am having some trouble at the moment after taking a simmilar expat assigment! will kepp you posted on how mine goes! as i am applying for tier 1 ext soon and then ILR after that!

have a good one!
Maggy

scoelho

Post by scoelho » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:38 am

maggyfu1 wrote:hey funmiles,

just a word of warning...........shouldnt affect your Tier 1 but make sure you read the rules on time out of country and just pop back for a visit to luvly UK every 60days or so. I am having some trouble at the moment after taking a simmilar expat assigment! will kepp you posted on how mine goes! as i am applying for tier 1 ext soon and then ILR after that!

have a good one!
Maggy
Thanks and Please keep posted about the status Maggy