ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Appln is in progress but realised just now...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Vishal75
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Appln is in progress but realised just now...

Post by Vishal75 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Hi

My naturalisation application is in process (for the last 7 weeks).

And I realised just y'day that the SORN for my my old-car was expired last year and I had forgotten to renew it and DVLA were trying to contact me for renewal but their correspondence didnt reach me.
And when I spoke to DVLA staff they were all over me and asked to pay £80 fine and that Credit People were also trying to get in touch with me.

So, my question (or rather worry) is whether this would hamper my naturalisation application in any ways?

Cheers
VS

ric1982
Member of Standing

Re: Naturalisation Appln is in progress but realised just no

Post by ric1982 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:03 pm

Vishal75 wrote:Hi

My naturalisation application is in process (for the last 7 weeks).

And I realised just y'day that the SORN for my my old-car was expired last year and I had forgotten to renew it and DVLA were trying to contact me for renewal but their correspondence didnt reach me.
And when I spoke to DVLA staff they were all over me and asked to pay £80 fine and that Credit People were also trying to get in touch with me.

So, my question (or rather worry) is whether this would hamper my naturalisation application in any ways?

Cheers
VS
Pay the fine asap otherwise they can take you to the court. Which can affect your application. I cant advise any further on this. Not sure why "Credit People" would want to chase you on this.

Vishal75
Newly Registered

Post by Vishal75 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:23 pm

@ric1982 - Yup paid it y'day while speaking to DVLA and they have assured me that the credit search people would be informed of the payment done...

But my worry is whether this will adversely impact my application in any ways?

Regards
VS

Last_one_standing
Newly Registered

Post by Last_one_standing » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:50 pm

No.

Stop worrying. I have been in worse situations, court attendances for tv licence, parking tickets etc but all seems to come good for me.

Just relax and await the outcome.

Good luck