ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SINGLE WORK PERMIT VIA PROPOSAL

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

knapps
Member of Standing

SINGLE WORK PERMIT VIA PROPOSAL

Post by knapps » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:52 pm

Hi guys,

I am seeking info for my friend who is currently seeking asylum in Ireland. Judgement on his case has yet to be made. He is here 8 years.

Does anyone know if there is any movement on Single work permit visa for Non Eu in Ireland.

Can students who are here for more than 5 years benefit?
Can asylum seekers benefit?

any link, help is much appreciated.
thanks

worldattraction
Newly Registered

Re: SINGLE WORK PERMIT VIA PROPOSAL

Post by worldattraction » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi, I read the same thing in the local ethnic news paper when i was in restaurant according to that paper mentioning that student who have lived here for 9 year will be eligible for some sort of immigration stamp which will be reckon-able stamp. But i think no one know exactly when this law coming into effect every body will know by the end of this year or the early next year when the new immigration bill comes out.
If thats true what i red in the ethinic local news paper than nice time for those who hold stamp 2. GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU..GOD BLESS ALL.

knapps wrote:Hi guys,

I am seeking info for my friend who is currently seeking asylum in Ireland. Judgement on his case has yet to be made. He is here 8 years.

Does anyone know if there is any movement on Single work permit visa for Non Eu in Ireland.

thanks

worldattraction
Newly Registered

Post by worldattraction » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:55 pm

worldattraction wrote:Hi, I read the same thing in the local ethnic news paper when i was in restaurant according to that paper mentioning that student who have lived here for 9 year will be eligible for some sort of immigration stamp which will be reckon-able stamp. But i think no one know exactly when this law coming into effect every body will know by the end of this year or the early next year when the new immigration bill comes out.
If thats true what i red in the ethinic local news paper than nice time for those who hold stamp 2. GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU..GOD BLESS ALL.
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP12000012

thanks

worldattraction
Newly Registered

Post by worldattraction » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:40 pm

2004 Student Probationary Extension

NOTICE

Students residing in Ireland from before 1 January 2005

Background

The New Regime for Full-Time non-EEA students commenced on 1 January 2011. The New Regime introduced a maximum residence period of 7 years for nationals of non-EEA countries who were enrolled in an eligible academic course of study in Ireland. The New Regime applied to all non-EEA students who came to Ireland after 1 January 2011 and to all non-EEA nationals who were already resident as students on that date. Special provisions were made to facilitate students who exceeded the 7 year timeframe on the date of introduction. These provisions have been extended on several occasions since the introduction of the New Regime to allow "timed-out" students to complete their studies, avail of post-study pathways or arrange for their departure from Ireland.

As a final measure in assisting the transition to the New Regime, a student probationary extension is being made available to those students who have been continuously resident in the State since before 1 January 2005 (i.e. the student must have received a GNIB card during or before 2004 and for each year thereafter). These new arrangements will allow eligible students to reside in Ireland for a further period of 2 years on specified conditions. In addition, at the conclusion of the two year probationary period those students will be eligible to apply for a more permanent status on condition that certain obligations have been fulfilled.

Eligibility

Any non-EEA national student who first registered their residence in Ireland as student on or before 31 December 2004 and who commenced their studies in Ireland on or before 31 December 2004 may apply for the special probationary extension.

Non-EEA Students who are no longer resident in the State will not be eligible to avail of this student probationary extension

In order for such a student to be granted the extension they must have maintained their residence as a student from first registration until the date of application for the Student Probationary Extension. Any student not currently registered and with a significant gap in registration will not be eligible to apply for the extension.

Students must also furnish one P60 certificate that has been acquired within the previous three years.

In order to apply for the extension eligible students must also complete the form and Statutory Declaration for Student Probationary Extension which is available here.

Details of the Student Probationary Extension

The Student Probationary Extension will allow eligible students to register for a two year probationary period. During this period eligible students will be resident on a stamp 2 and their status will continue to be that of a student.

The following residency conditions will apply to the probationary period -

• The eligible student will not be required to be registered or enrolled in an academic course of study.

• The eligible student will be permitted to work for a maximum period of 40 hours per week without being required to hold a work permit.

• The eligible student will be required to maintain private medical insurance.

• The eligible student will be required to reside in the State without drawing on publicly funded social assistance programmes (e.g. supplementary welfare allowances, medical card, jobseeker supports etc.)

• The eligible student will not be permitted to apply for reunification with family members who are resident outside the State.

• The eligible student must be of good character and must demonstrate that they are law abiding.

Conclusion of the Probationary Period

At the conclusion of the two year probationary period the eligible students can apply for a Stamp 4 permission to reside in the State. Students will be required to -

• Demonstrate that they have resided in Ireland during the probationary period, and

• Submit a valid P60 certificate which has been issued during the two year probationary period, and

• Reside in the State without drawing on publicly funded social assistance programmes (e.g. supplementary welfare allowances, medical card, jobseeker supports etc.), and

• Be of good character and not be convicted or charged with any criminal offences, and

• Pay an appropriate immigration levy.

An appropriate application form will be published in 2014. The immigration levy will be payable at the end of the second year of the Student Probationary Extension. The amount of the levy will be decided by the Minister for Justice & Equality and will be published before the end of the two year probationary period.

Questions on the Student Probationary Extension can be addressed by e-mail only to 2004timedoutstudent@justice.ie.

A copy of the Statutory Declaration is available here.

A quick guide as to how to register is available here.

A schedule of Dates of Attendance for Registration is available here.

NOTE: Students who are eligible for this extension are required to report to the Irish Naturalisation and Immigration Service (INIS), 13/14 Burgh Quay, Dublin 2 in accordance with the dates set out in the attached schedule.

thanks

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:07 pm

thanks just passed today. how about those on asylum

Sarfaraz
Newly Registered

Students came to ireland b4 2005

Post by Sarfaraz » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Hi, Just wanna know about the new law introduced in Ireland for students who came to Ireland before January 1st 2005, they are eligible for 2 years extension then after that stamp 4. What about students who came to Ireland as a student after January 1st 2005, will they come under same law one they stay 7 years in Ireland as a student.