ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Salary Maximum Limit

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nagaraju.ch
Newly Registered
India

Salary Maximum Limit

Post by nagaraju.ch » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Hi

I am applying for My Tier1 General Extension in October 2012 and i need to show my salary more than 35k. I can show around 50K but i have doubt that if i show 50k this time, should i show the same salary when i apply next time(Either extension or ILR)?

Thanks
Nagaraju

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:54 pm

Your doubt is incorrect.

If you read the guidance document thoroughly, what you need to do is to get the minimum points required to obtain the visa.

Do not listen to stories or hearsay from people that have no factual backing.

Kind Regards

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Re: Salary Maximum Limit

Post by Spatacus » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:04 pm

nagaraju.ch wrote:Hi

I am applying for My Tier1 General Extension in October 2012 and i need to show my salary more than 35k. I can show around 50K but i have doubt that if i show 50k this time, should i show the same salary when i apply next time(Either extension or ILR)?

Thanks
Nagaraju
If you are applying for extension, i think your first salary which you used to get the required point, is the same you will use for your extension, it does not really matter if you are earning more than you previously earned, as long as your present salary is not less than your initial application. You will still get your required point.

I will advise you to use your pay slips that can be added up to £35k as long as the pay slips (salary) is within 12months before or on the date which you are applying for renewal.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:03 pm

As mentioned by thebionicredneck2003

At the time of extension , you just need to meet the minimum points required to get your visa, it does not matter how much you showed at the time of your intial application. What matters is , if you meet the minimum required points at the time of extension.

If in doubt, read the guide line set by ukba

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... idance.pdf
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:32 pm

Spatacus wrote: If you are applying for extension, i think your first salary which you used to get the required point, is the same you will use for your extension, it does not really matter if you are earning more than you previously earned, as long as your present salary is not less than your initial application. You will still get your required point.
This is incorrect. You need to score the total number of points required to qualify for an extension. The number of points will be based on the rules that were in place at the time of your initial application.

Spatacus
Member of Standing

Post by Spatacus » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:12 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
Spatacus wrote: If you are applying for extension, i think your first salary which you used to get the required point, is the same you will use for your extension, it does not really matter if you are earning more than you previously earned, as long as your present salary is not less than your initial application. You will still get your required point.
This is incorrect. You need to score the total number of points required to qualify for an extension. The number of points will be based on the rules that were in place at the time of your initial application.
What is the difference between what i said earlier and what you wrote?? As long as you have had your initial application of tier1 general approved, that same rule will apply when you are making a renewal/extension. Pls read carefully before you comment on someone's note.
Appl sent: 29-08-2014
Acknow received: 07-09-2014
Bio received: 23-09-2014
Bio recorded: 23-09-2014
Approval date: 31-12-2014
Approval received : 05-01-2015

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... view?pli=1#

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:47 pm

Spatacus,

You are the one that is incorrect and cs95tdg is correct.

If you are applying for extension, i think your first salary which you used to get the required point, is the same you will use for your extension, it does not really matter if you are earning more than you previously earned, as long as your present salary is not less than your initial application.
If someone used £38,000 to get an initial approval, they can use £35,000 to get an extension if they score points to qualify in the relevant category. If you read what you wrote once again, you will see the flawed logic in your statement.

The issue for applicants is not how much they earned during initial application, but do they meet the points criteria at the time of extension? In the OP's original question, it is a case of being in the right salary bracket, and not necessarily equaling or exceeding his previous salary.

Kind Regards

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:58 pm

Spatacus wrote:
cs95tdg wrote:
What is the difference between what i said earlier and what you wrote?? As long as you have had your initial application of tier1 general approved, that same rule will apply when you are making a renewal/extension. Pls read carefully before you comment on someone's note.
thebionicredneck2003 has explained the difference between what I have stated and your statement, therefore I will not add anything further other than to clarify that its your statement highlighted in blue above that I disagree with.