ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What happen next after biometric is given?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dave123
Newly Registered

What happen next after biometric is given?

Post by dave123 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:09 pm

Hi All,

I gave my biometrics on the 05th July and until now haven't heard anything yet.

I wrote to my MP and he confirmed that my application is with the UKBA (thanks it didn't get lost!) in the queue, however it has been assigned to a case worker yet. Is that normal procedure?

I just wanted to know what is the step by step procedure that my application has to go from here?

Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:28 pm

The next step is that you wait for a decision. Don't hold your breath!

mark_b

Post by mark_b » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:30 pm

They are only processing apps of people who went for biometrics on the 20th June and its been on that date for weeks so its gonna be a while still.

dave123
Newly Registered

Post by dave123 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:12 am

Thanks.

My MP mentioned that my application is not assigned to a caseworker yet. But it is with the UKBA waiting in the queue to be processed. That makes me more confused.

Correct me if i'm wrong - i understand when payment is taken that a case worker is assigned to the application. That's when the case reference number is given on the biometric letter they send.

So how come in my case payment is done, biometric done since 05th July and still no case worker assigned?

Regards,

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:18 am

Your understanding is wrong. After payment is taken they send it to the relevant department who deals with the casework. It is usually not allocated to a caseworker until after you have given biometrics but it may be waiting to be allocated to a caseworker for some time if there is a backlog.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:19 am

dave123 wrote:Correct me if i'm wrong - i understand when payment is taken that a case worker is assigned to the application.
That's incorrect. A caseworker is assigned at some point in time after your biometrics are enrolled. When exactly will depend on factors such as how many applications are in the backlog queue & the current application processing timelines. The caseworker I refer to here will be the one who examines your application and supporting evidence to make a decision on your application & this only happens after your biometic details are enrolled & available in the UKBA system.

dave123
Newly Registered

Post by dave123 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 am

ok - many thanks for the clarification.

So i guess there is some waiting underway until my file get allocated to a caseworker and decision taken.

Fingers crossed!

Good luck to others also waiting :)