ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application for Spouse

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

n_dinesh
Newly Registered

BC application for Spouse

Post by n_dinesh » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Hello

I obtained British Citizenship last year (2011) after 6 years of residency ( 5 yrs Tier 2 and 1 year ILR). My wife currently has a ILR as we had jointly applied and obtained ILR in 2010.She could not apply for naturalization last year along with me as she had spend more than 90 days outside of UK in the last 1 year of qualifying period (between 2010 and 2011)

She plans to apply for naturalisation now.However,I am not sure under which category should be apply.

Should she apply for "Naturalisation if you are married to or the civil partner" or "Naturalisation based on living in the United Kingdom for the last five years". She has been in UK since 2006.She is presently not working.

Thanks

noble72uk
- thin ice -

Re: BC application for Spouse

Post by noble72uk » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:46 pm

n_dinesh wrote:Hello

I obtained British Citizenship last year (2011) after 6 years of residency ( 5 yrs Tier 2 and 1 year ILR). My wife currently has a ILR as we had jointly applied and obtained ILR in 2010.She could not apply for naturalization last year along with me as she had spend more than 90 days outside of UK in the last 1 year of qualifying period (between 2010 and 2011)

She plans to apply for naturalisation now.However,I am not sure under which category should be apply.

Should she apply for "Naturalisation if you are married to or the civil partner" or "Naturalisation based on living in the United Kingdom for the last five years". She has been in UK since 2006.She is presently not working.

Thanks
both ways are ok
If Naturalisation as married to or the civil partner, she needs to provide marriage certeficate and proof of your BC and apply under 3 years rules.
If Naturalisation based on living in the United Kingdom for the last five years" she will not need your BC and marriage certeficate 5 Years rules apply.

She is presently not working nothing to do with the application, BC is based on residence

n_dinesh
Newly Registered

Post by n_dinesh » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks a lot