ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Newborn visa without passport

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sals82
Newly Registered

Newborn visa without passport

Post by sals82 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:08 am

Hi there

I am on tier 1 visa, and my extension application is currently pending with the UKBA (biometric done on 22 June). I now have a new born baby, for whom I want to apply for tier 1 extention, however, i do not have his Indian passport yet - this is because in order to apply for his passport at the Indian High Commission, I need to show the originals of parents' passports, which are currently with the UKBA.

I have scheduled a PEO appointment for tier 1 for the newborn in september, however, looking at the pace of UKBA in processing applications, I am not sure if I will get my passport back from the UKBA before that appintment in time time to get the Indian passport of the baby done.

Does anyone know if it is possible to apply for tier 1 of such a newborn without a passport? The dependant application form (on page 11) where it asks for passport details of dependant, says "Please note that for the application to be valid and complete, your current passport/travel document must be provided unless it is not available for one of the reasons specified below" and one of the reasons specified on that page is "Child born in the UK - Application for passport currently with home government".

I want to know if anyone has used this option earlier, and if so, are you required to submit any document showing proof that the passport application is with indian high commission. The application form does not ask for such proof specifically.

Many thanks

gaurav76.5
Member of Standing

Post by gaurav76.5 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:07 am

Your visa application hasn't been approved yet so you wont be able to apply for your new born visa...

There is no way they will accept the application without the passport....that's mandatory....

Wait till your passport arrives then apply for indian passport and then apply for visa for new born...

rg_del

Post by rg_del » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi Sals82,

Did you tried without the passport or you applied after you got passport for your newborn?

I am in kind of same situation as I need to travel in Feb because of family emergency, My New Born Son's passport application is in progress at Indian High Commission and have secured a PEO appointment for next don't know what to do :(

ilrukpeo
BANNED

Post by ilrukpeo » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:35 am

rg_del wrote:Hi Sals82,

Did you tried without the passport or you applied after you got passport for your newborn?

I am in kind of same situation as I need to travel in Feb because of family emergency, My New Born Son's passport application is in progress at Indian High Commission and have secured a PEO appointment for next don't know what to do :(

Normally You will get the Indian passport within 7-9 working days.How many days you have now?

rg_del

Post by rg_del » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:37 pm

I have an appointment for 8th and might get the Indian Citizenship certificate tomorrow.

I can only apply for the passport once I get this certificate.