ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

croydon vs cardiff peo

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

andy77
Newly Registered

croydon vs cardiff peo

Post by andy77 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:24 am

Hi

I was going to book a peo appointment for myself and 3 dependants, so to take an overall view i checked out the forum for some inputs.

I have a choice of croydon and cardiff as per my location, what i would like to understand is that which peo is better, i know both of them are doing the same job but reading through what happended in croydon a few months back with the IT hangup i got wondering.

Is there such a thing as a better peo than another one

cheers

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:20 pm

I would still suggest Croydon as it's the HO of UKBA and they have senior case workers which other PEOs don't have.

Also they (Croydon) can handle complicated application while other PEOs sometimes don't and ask the applicants to apply by post.

As far as the IT issues are concerned, they can happen in any PEO. But for last few weeks I have noticed that IT systems of UKBA have been much more stable and there are less IT issues these days if you compare it to Apr and May 2012.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:11 am

One reason why there are more scary stories coming out of Croydon is the volume of 'not straightforward' they come across, and as a result need to go through the rigours of UKBA. Other PEOs simply refer you to Croydon, thus maintaining their own higher Pass rate.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

andy77
Newly Registered

Post by andy77 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:04 pm

my sentiments exactly, just wanted to confirm this from other members of the forum

thank u very much
linkers wrote:I would still suggest Croydon as it's the HO of UKBA and they have senior case workers which other PEOs don't have.

Also they (Croydon) can handle complicated application while other PEOs sometimes don't and ask the applicants to apply by post.

As far as the IT issues are concerned, they can happen in any PEO. But for last few weeks I have noticed that IT systems of UKBA have been much more stable and there are less IT issues these days if you compare it to Apr and May 2012.

andy77
Newly Registered

Post by andy77 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:06 pm

very good point i must say, u r absolutely right

thank u very much
wpilr_nov12 wrote:One reason why there are more scary stories coming out of Croydon is the volume of 'not straightforward' they come across, and as a result need to go through the rigours of UKBA. Other PEOs simply refer you to Croydon, thus maintaining their own higher Pass rate.