ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NCS doesn't know what to do

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

squirrel_land
Newly Registered

NCS doesn't know what to do

Post by squirrel_land » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi,

I just called my local Northampton NCS and wished to book a NCS appointment but the lady on the phone asked me to call 08450105200 to check my eligibility.

I am pretty sure I am eligible as I received my ILR dated 26 Aug 2011 and I have not been outside the UK for more than allowed period in the past five years as well as past 12 months, I was also physically in the UK 5 years ago that whole August and September.

Shall I give them a call back saying that I am eligible for it or I could just go ahead send it to UKBA myself?

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Glc

Post by Glc » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:14 pm

NCS will not reply to your queries regarding your eligibility to apply for naturalisation as they are not 'equipped' to do so. The person you spoke to rightfully instructed you to call UKBA instead if you need nationality advice. However, you can save precious time from calling ukba by assessing your eligibility yourself. It seems that you've met the residential requirements but There are other standard requirements that you need to meet in order to qualify. Please read through the link below for your reference:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/

squirrel_land
Newly Registered

Post by squirrel_land » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:31 pm

Hi Glc,

Thanks for mentioning the link, I have met all seven standard requirements.

Cheers,

squirrel_land
Newly Registered

Post by squirrel_land » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:35 am

Alright, I made another call to NCS and this time was a different lady who sounded a lot smarter, as soon as I said my purpose she told me that there would be a long wait, and the earliest date that is available will be 1st Oct.

Oh well, I can't wait for that long so I've decided to do it by post then.

Glc

Post by Glc » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:38 pm

[quote="squirrel_land"]Alright, I made another call to NCS and this time was a different lady who sounded a lot smarter, as soon as I said my purpose she told me that there would be a long wait, and the earliest date that is available will be 1st Oct.

Oh well, I can't wait for that long so I've decided to do it by post then.[/quote]

That's fine as well but just to let you know in case you aren't aware yet, you may also go to ther NCS offices. You are not by all means restricted to your nearest NCS office. However, if there's no necessity to use your documents, including your passport immediately, then you may send your application by post. Best of luck :)

squirrel_land
Newly Registered

Post by squirrel_land » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:22 pm

Glc wrote:
squirrel_land wrote:Alright, I made another call to NCS and this time was a different lady who sounded a lot smarter, as soon as I said my purpose she told me that there would be a long wait, and the earliest date that is available will be 1st Oct.

Oh well, I can't wait for that long so I've decided to do it by post then.
That's fine as well but just to let you know in case you aren't aware yet, you may also go to ther NCS offices. You are not by all means restricted to your nearest NCS office. However, if there's no necessity to use your documents, including your passport immediately, then you may send your application by post. Best of luck :)
Cheers, mate! I'll post it next Tuesday and let the long waiting game get started :D