ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife financials weak but husband got savings

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

humanist3
Newly Registered

Wife financials weak but husband got savings

Post by humanist3 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 pm

I am getting married to a woman who:

- Works a part time job, with average income of 300 Pounds a week (Around 15,600 Pounds a year)

- Has accessed public fund in the form of assistance to her housing expenses
- She lives in a council house
- Didn't pay taxes as a result of her part time job situation
- Has proof of payments in the form of her pay slip

On the other hand, I have savings which I can transfer to the UK of around 50K Pounds.

Can I apply as her spouse and claim that my savings can last me until I find a job or a new source of income for myself?

Thank you for your help

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:28 pm

humanist3
Newly Registered

More details emerged

Post by humanist3 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:54 am

Hi MPH80,

1- I actually came to know more details about my wife's situation such as her access to public funds through the housing council and

2- also I am not sure how to work out the equation to work out the difference between her salary which is 300 per week (15600) a year and what we need to demonstrate in financial resources, as the UKBA asks for a minimum of 18k?

3- Also referring to your last question, are you confirming that the salary difference will not be an issue provided that we show the savings?

Thank you very much for your time

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:10 pm

1- Housing Benefit and Council Tax benefits
If you partner is earning around the figure you noted, she will not be eligible for these benefits. Even if her name is on the application, she should be noted on the calculations document that she is paying full rent from her side, thus no benefits are being handed over to her.

That is if she has told the Council that she earns this much weekly.

2- also I am not sure how to work out the equation to work out the difference between her salary which is 300 per week (15600) a year and what we need to demonstrate in financial resources, as the UKBA asks for a minimum of 18k?

She needs to prove that her annual salary 'Before Tax' is £18,600. Her last year's P60 would give more details on how much she earned before tax. It does not matter if she is paid weekly or monthly. She needs to show if the annual figure before tax is £18,600 or not.

3- Also referring to your last question, are you confirming that the salary difference will not be an issue provided that we show the savings?

Yes, if you have savings in access of £16,000 you can use that in place of any shortfalls in salary calculations to qualify.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

humanist3
Newly Registered

Post by humanist3 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:38 pm

Hi Harv and thanks for your detailed response. Please see my comments below

1- Regarding the housing , she was given this apartment years back. But I will get you more details on her housing condition

2- Her contract with her employer is a part-time one , does this affect the application?

How can she prove her salary, will a salary slip be enough, or do we need more?

3-Regarding the salary calculation and the difference that can be compensated in savings, can you send me the link to the equation or the file to refer to in the future?

Thank you very much

Basheir

MPH80
Respected Guru

Post by MPH80 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:44 pm

You'll need to show 6 months of salary slips and the last p60 if it falls into the last 6 months (assuming she's been employed for more than 6 months with the same employer). Part time is fine - what's important is that she's earning over the threshold.

In terms of the equation - the amount of money to show in savings is:

16,000 + (shortfall * 2.5).

So in your case - that's 16,000 + ((18,600-15,600) * 2.5) or rather £23,500.

As I said in my previous answer - you'll have to show this has been in your (or her) accounts for the 6 months prior to the application.

All can be found if you google for "Appendix FM-SE". It's the top link on google.co.uk.