ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA 2 Appeal Fees excemption?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

EEA 2 Appeal Fees excemption?

Post by Samelamin » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi

I have been arguing with the fees team @ the first tier tribunal. They are adamant that I am not except from the appeal fee as I was not given removal instructions even though I was told to make plans to be removed.

Is there any legislation that could help me prove that I am except?

Apparently Article 5 does not suffice.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/201 ... /article/5

(viii)regulation 19(3) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulations 2006(6) (a decision to remove an EEA national or the family member of such a national);

And below is the response from the fees department

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

You have enquired into the exemption criteria regarding EEA Residency appeals.

The fees order does make provision for an exemption under the following criteria;

Regulation 19(3) of the Immigration (European Economic Area) Regulation 2006 (11) (a decision to remove and EEA national or the family member of such a national).

Please note that in the situation you have outlined below re: refusal to issue a residence card; this does not meet the criteria as above. In the situation where the UKBA has served the appellant with Removal Directions then the above exemption may be met. Where no removal directions have been set, but the Notice of Immigration decision refers to the appellant making preparations to leave the UK, a fee is still applicable.

If you have any further submissions which you feel exempt the appellant from paying a fee please supply them in writing at the earliest available opportunity.

If you require a further copy of the instructions on how to pay, please contact the tribunal on 0300 123 1711 or email us at customer.service@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk

Yours Sincerely,

Fees Investigation Team
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Your appeal was successful? UKBA wasted your time and money. Consider seeking compensation.

Deeone

Post by Deeone » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:52 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:Your appeal was successful? UKBA wasted your time and money. Consider seeking compensation.
Pls is it possible for me to claim for the appeal submitted few years ago and I want to know as well if this will not affect future applications? thanks in advance for your response