ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitors Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ang3l.in.paradise

Visitors Visa

Post by ang3l.in.paradise » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:56 pm

Hi everybody,

I have a few questions, it would be great if someone could answer them.

My dad and mom live in india and applied for the visitors visa to visit UK.
This trip was a self sponsor trip. My dad was sponsoring the trip.

The visa was rejected for two reasons:

1) The visa documents were verified and application form was filled in by a private agency(hired by my parents, as they are very old). The agency incorrectly filled the application form as if the trip was sponsered by me(UK sponsor).
So the lack of my spouse's financial documents was questioned (i had submitted mine.)

2)
I had mentioned in the invitation letter that they were visiting to see my new born. But this was interpreted as child care requirement.
I will be home on maternity fr close to a year and live with my husbands family so i dont need any support on child care.

I am keen my parents atleast get to see my child as i wouldnt be visiting them until my kid is a 1.5 yrs old and hence the trip.
Now that the visa is rejected. Iam thinking of appealing.

My questions are:

1)I still hold a indian passport and iam on a dependent visa on my EEA spouse(french). Do i have rights to appeal on their behalf?

2) They have questioned child care arrangements and how i will support myself during maternity. I will be paid during my maternity and my husband will be working so we have no problem with finances.
But how do i prove this?

3)How do i prove tha the agency has made a mistake while filling in the application form and by mistake potrayed it as if i was to sponser the trip where as my parents are sponsoring the trip. the documents from my parents side is very well organised and meets all expectations.
My dad nor the agency has a copy of the application form with them now.

please help.

ang3l.in.paradise

Post by ang3l.in.paradise » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:50 pm

Is it worth appealing? please advise.

peppekalle

Post by peppekalle » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:48 pm

Can you apply again?Try and address the issues that were raised for example by providing proof you will be paid during maternity and or your bank statements.

It will be helpful if you provide the exact wording of the refusal.It will take ages for the appeal to be listed.To succeed in the appeal you need to prove that the eco was wrong and if you are able to address those issues that were in the refusal notice you might as well re apply again avoiding the previous mistakes.