ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Inviting parents to UK to attend baby's birth

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Moony
Newly Registered

Inviting parents to UK to attend baby's birth

Post by Moony » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:54 am

Hi All,

I want to invite my parents to UK for 2 months so that they can attend the birth of our first child. I am a Pakistani National on a spouse visa , my wife is Bristish citizen. I work for the NHS as a Medical Engineer and earn aorund £25k/annum. My wife is a house wife.

Also, my elder brother lives in the UK with his wife and two kids. He works as a Telecommunication engineer and is earning around £50K. He has recently sponsored his wife and kids in May this year.

I live in a one bed flat and he lives in a two bed flat. Is it possible that both of us (me and brother) can become the sponsor for our parents visit, as we will pay for their travel,accommodation and living expenses ? .

My parents will be living with both of us during their stay.

ang3l.in.paradise

Post by ang3l.in.paradise » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:36 pm

dont mention anything abt birth of ur child. My parents visa was rejected as i mentioned that, it was mistaken fr childcare arrangements. Maybe write to experience life in Uk instead.

brummie

Post by brummie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:13 pm

I sponsored my parents , as my wife was due to deliver this year. Their visa was a success.
My advice to you is , do not lie. In your sponsorship letter, please mention about the pregnancy , but also mention in bold letters that your parents visit won't be for child care purposes. Mention that your parents will be here to take part in the the lovely occasion of the birth of their grandchild only. You can support this claim by sending a copy of the MATB1, green notes,letter from midwife and letter form employer or any evidence that she will be on maternity leave.(which means she will be at home taking care of the baby herself)
The reason why so many visas are refused is because the ukba thinks that the grandparents will be here to take care of the baby while the parents will be at work.
You will have to prove to them otherwise in whichever way possible.
Good luck!!!

Moony
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Moony » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 am

Many thanks brummie. My wife is a house wife , I will try to get a letter from the Midwife and will attach the copy of green notes and baby scans as well. Also, we have mentioned in the form that my parents are plannig to visit us for 2 weeks and that their trip to UK will be spnored by me and my brother. How much money should we say that we will spend on their trip ? £2000 each ?

brummie

Re: Thanks

Post by brummie » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:47 pm

Moony wrote:Many thanks brummie. My wife is a house wife , I will try to get a letter from the Midwife and will attach the copy of green notes and baby scans as well. Also, we have mentioned in the form that my parents are plannig to visit us for 2 weeks and that their trip to UK will be spnored by me and my brother. How much money should we say that we will spend on their trip ? £2000 each ?
£2000 each for 2 weeks is fine.
When you submit financial docs, attach the bank statements that show your salary/income coming in and mortgage/rent going out and any saving accounts you have.
All the best .

Moony
Newly Registered

Post by Moony » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:09 pm

I was going through the forum and came across a couple of posts that suggests that Joint sponsorhip is not allowed. In my case , myself and my brother wants to write a joint sponsor letter to invite our parents to visit us and both of us i.e me any my brother will sponsor the trip. Will this be ok or the sponsor letter should be from one person only ?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Moony wrote:I was going through the forum and came across a couple of posts that suggests that Joint sponsorhip is not allowed.
You can cite the finances of more than one person if you have reliable evidence from those person(s).

Moony
Newly Registered

Post by Moony » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:31 pm

Yes we both have our 6 month pay slips, 6 month bank statements , tenancy agreements, council tax letters, bills and my wifes pregnancy documents (green notes and scans).

brummie

Post by brummie » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:01 am

Moony wrote:I was going through the forum and came across a couple of posts that suggests that Joint sponsorhip is not allowed. In my case , myself and my brother wants to write a joint sponsor letter to invite our parents to visit us and both of us i.e me any my brother will sponsor the trip. Will this be ok or the sponsor letter should be from one person only ?
My wife and I done a joint sponsorship letter and gave both our documents to sponsor my parents. They got the visa.
So yes, joint sponsorship is fine as far as my experience.

Ozair

Post by Ozair » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:38 pm

My mother in law (a widow) applied for a visit visa and it got rejected on the grounds that the home office was not sure of how she generated her income. We appealed in court and home office reverted their decision and granted her visa.

Their concern was that she might not return back to Pakistan. Appeals used to be free a year ago and in the appeal letter i took responsibility of her leaving the country before time.

We provided the anomaly scan from nhs as proof of the date of birth.

Some people suggested to provide an affidavit to take responsibility of her departure but the appeal was successful without that!

Mani1312
Newly Registered

Post by Mani1312 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi guys I have applied for my parents and younger sister's visa for the birth of my child and they have rejected the visa on the basis of no strong ties to Pakistan... Any idea is it better to to appeal and if it's appeal do I have to hire solicitor.??