ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pathetic service from UK Border Agency!!

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:04 am

e30touring wrote:I intend to complain very loudly. I hope I will be joined by some of you.
I will join you as well. I do think it's worth trying the media first as the fastest and cheapest way to give them some grief. There is plenty of sentiment out there for preserving the UK as open for business, and that includes attracting highly skilled migrants. I'd like to see one of their benefit seekers try doing my job and paying the taxes I pay!

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:06 am

cooltt_18 wrote:Would you know how do i go about complaining to parliamentary ombudsman?
You can find information on how to make a complaint under: http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/make-a-complaint

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:07 am

cooltt_18 wrote:
Greenie wrote:I have already suggested what can be done. You can complain to ukba and if you are not happy with their reply then involve the parliamentary ombudsman. Apparently this suggestion meant i was supporting and/or working for ukba.
Thanks Greenie. Would you know how do i go about complaining to parliamentary ombudsman?
http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/
they usually expect you to have complained to ukba first.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:10 am

Citigirl wrote:
e30touring wrote:I intend to complain very loudly. I hope I will be joined by some of you.
I will join you as well. I do think it's worth trying the media first as the fastest and cheapest way to give them some grief. There is plenty of sentiment out there for preserving the UK as open for business, and that includes attracting highly skilled migrants. I'd like to see one of their benefit seekers try doing my job and paying the taxes I pay!
are you suggesting that there are no highly skilled settled/British workers on benefits and looking for work?

cooltt_18

Post by cooltt_18 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:28 am

Citigirl wrote:I'd like to see one of their benefit seekers try doing my job and paying the taxes I pay!
I'm afraid Citigirl you are bang out of line here.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:44 am

Greenie wrote: are you suggesting that there are no highly skilled settled/British workers on benefits and looking for work?
Apparently not for my particular job. Otherwise my employer would have hired someone locally rather than have me relocate from another country. They had spent a long time looking. And I know many others like me.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:59 am

cooltt_18 wrote:I'm afraid Citigirl you are bang out of line here.
Frustration from 130 days of not being able to see my family, not being able to go on a proper holiday, miserable summer etc. And all for being a law abiding legal immigrant not entitled to benefits, paying taxes and the extortionate fee on top of that. After losing my previous job here, I packed up and left for my country leaving many things behind, so I've been there.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:20 pm

Citigirl wrote:
Greenie wrote: are you suggesting that there are no highly skilled settled/British workers on benefits and looking for work?
Apparently not for my particular job. Otherwise my employer would have hired someone locally rather than have me relocate from another country. They had spent a long time looking. And I know many others like me.
unless your job requires very specific skills, qualifications and experience i find it hard to believe that there is no one currently seeking work who would be able to do the job. This is not to say that you were not the best candidate for the job at the time. I am sure such a person would happily pay top rate tax too if it meant they had a job.

There seems to be a lot of rhetoric on this board at the moment about British people claiming benefits that immigrants pay for. Lets not forget that the majority of those doing so have spent their lives paying into the benefits system themselves. It is also worth noting that the sections of the media and politicians who spend their time making scapegoats out of benefits claimants are the same who make scapegoats out of migrants.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:59 pm

Indeed, my job requires very specific skills, qualifications and experience. This has been the case for my previous employers here and another country with much tougher immigration system.

As for the benefits system, I suppose people expect a fair correlation between paying NI and benefiting from it. The UK citizens are entitled to benefits regardless of whether they contributed anything.

And nothing you have said addressed the subject of this post, i.e. the service we get from the UKBA in return for the money we pay.

mark_b

Post by mark_b » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:16 pm

Greenie wrote:
Citigirl wrote:
unless your job requires very specific skills, qualifications and experience i find it hard to believe that there is no one currently seeking work who would be able to do the job. This is not to say that you were not the best candidate for the job at the time. I am sure such a person would happily pay top rate tax too if it meant they had a job.

There seems to be a lot of rhetoric on this board at the moment about British people claiming benefits that immigrants pay for. Lets not forget that the majority of those doing so have spent their lives paying into the benefits system themselves. It is also worth noting that the sections of the media and politicians who spend their time making scapegoats out of benefits claimants are the same who make scapegoats out of migrants.
Own up greenie, the UKBA pay you to come on this board and make up excuses for them. Seriously man, people on where on are angry by the pathetic service and treatment we get from them.

Don't come up nonsense that the majority on benefits pay money in whole lives. Most of them have never done a hard days work in their lives. It's easier just to pop out kids and hang around on street corners or down at the pub and let the eastern europeans do the work they consider beneath them.

Oh, on a positive note its moved 1 whole day to the 21st June now!! :)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:05 pm

mark_b wrote:

Own up greenie, the UKBA pay you to come on this board and make up excuses for them. Seriously man, people on where on are angry by the pathetic service and treatment we get from them.

Don't come up nonsense that the majority on benefits pay money in whole lives. Most of them have never done a hard days work in their lives. It's easier just to pop out kids and hang around on street corners or down at the pub and let the eastern europeans do the work they consider beneath them.

exactly my point-where is your evidence to back up this wide sweeping statement?

Where in this thread have i defended ukba?! I haven't-i have made suggestions on how to complain about the service you are receiving. If you seriously think that ukba would pay someone to come on an internet forum and give people advice of how to make successful applications then i am afraid you are deluded. This thread is pointless. What is the point of ranting and moaning unless you are going do something about it.

mark_b

Post by mark_b » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:22 pm

Greenie wrote:
mark_b wrote:

exactly my point-where is your evidence to back up this wide sweeping statement?

Where in this thread have i defended ukba?! I haven't-i have made suggestions on how to complain about the service you are receiving. If you seriously think that ukba would pay someone to come on an internet forum and give people advice of how to make successful applications then i am afraid you are deluded. This thread is pointless. What is the point of ranting and moaning unless you are going do something about it.
You made a wide sweeping statement with no evidence so what's the difference?

Just a bit of a joke about you working for UKBA so just chill. This is not a pointless thread for those of us that are suffering as a result of the actions of the UKBA. This is the only place that people are in same boat as me and we can let off a bit of steam. If there was something that we all could do to change things we would but its out of our hands and therefore so fustrating.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:23 pm

Citigirl wrote:Indeed, my job requires very specific skills, qualifications and experience. This has been the case for my previous employers here and another country with much tougher immigration system.

As for the benefits system, I suppose people expect a fair correlation between paying NI and benefiting from it. The UK citizens are entitled to benefits regardless of whether they contributed anything.

And nothing you have said addressed the subject of this post, i.e. the service we get from the UKBA in return for the money we pay.
people should not be more entitled to benefits because they have paid in more national insurance. If this were the case then a cleaner who has worked hard all her life would be entitled to less benefits in her time of need that a banker who has not worked any harder but has earned more and therefore paid more in NI and tax.

If you are are a higher rate tax payer why would you need to claim any benefits? Ilt is in any case incorrect that you get nothing back from the taxes and national insurance you pay - they pay for roads, hospitals, doctors, nurses, dentists, teachers, police, the fire service etc, all things that you make use of whilst you are here. If you were to lose your job or have a baby and go on maternity leave you would be able to claim contribution based benefits by virtue of your national insurance contributions. After being here for. 5 years you can apply for ilr and claim all the benefits you like if you are entitled to them-something you will see that many migrants do if you look at the benefits section.

I repeat that i have addressed the title of the thread and suggested how to complain.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:09 pm

It's not about proportionate entitlement, it's about being able to rely on the safety net to which you contributed. Anyway I'd rather move countries to find a job, which is what I did in the past, than rely on benefits, but I understand how other people feel. It would probably not be such a big issue if only UKBA did their job and not only hiked up fees to make immigrants contribute even more, quoting from their press release. It does look like this is their way of pushing out the very "high value migrants" they invited in after they rip them off.

Citigirl
Newly Registered

Post by Citigirl » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:14 pm

mark_b wrote:Oh, on a positive note its moved 1 whole day to the 21st June now!! :)
Which is no guarantee that those people will see their passports anytime soon...

mark_b

Post by mark_b » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:17 pm

Citigirl wrote:
mark_b wrote:Oh, on a positive note its moved 1 whole day to the 21st June now!! :)
Which is no guarantee that those people will see their passports anytime soon...
True, probably in a months time....maybe

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Citigirl wrote:It's not about proportionate entitlement, it's about being able to rely on the safety net to which you contributed. .
indeed and If you lost your job you could claim contribution based job seekers allowance.

zeberga
Newly Registered

Post by zeberga » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:52 pm

We could all send our complaints to BBC? Here's how we can reach them,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10725415

And here is news about student visa delays. It came out last July,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-18888210

Facebook group may also work but I don't feel safe enough to give away my identity.

Pending2012
Newly Registered

epetition

Post by Pending2012 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:40 pm

I came across this, it's information on how to start an epetition. It could be worth the effort to start an epetition about the poor service levels currently provided by UKBA (rather than contacting BBC who may not be interested as there is not enough sensationalisation of the issue and a lot of anti-immigration sentiments in the UK at the moment).

The link is below:

http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/how-it-works

Where an epetition gets more than 100,000 signatures, then the matter is discussed in Parliament. The personal details of those who start an epetition and/or sign up are not shown on the website. Given the number of applications that appear to be oustanding, an epetition may get enough critical mass to force UKBA or Home Office to look into the matter...

zeberga
Newly Registered

Post by zeberga » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:30 pm

tier 2 visas are getting processed ok. is it so hard to tell us what is going on.
Last edited by zeberga on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zeberga
Newly Registered

Post by zeberga » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:28 pm

I sent an email to BBC. I advise everyone affected to do whatever they can. Speaking up will help.

secsmed
Newly Registered

Post by secsmed » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:53 pm

Its
Last edited by secsmed on Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mark_b

Post by mark_b » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:58 pm

secsmed wrote:Like many of you I am sick to my stomach of what is going on with regards to my application. Its now 16 weeks passed, and I feel so hopeless as so much going on with regards to changing job and family matters and no one to turn to. Greenie please don't offer any advice, best you can do is to leave this thread and let us moan.
14 weeks for me now. Cancelled my holiday back home to see my family. Hope to go in May now if my passport ever makes its way back to me!

life2enjoy
Newly Registered

Post by life2enjoy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:25 pm

From July 2010 to Dec 2010 , the entry of people in Tier 1 category was too high (statiscally 3 times of normal no of visas) because at the time, tier 1 visa rules were tightened and rumour about permenantly stopping the visa. So the no of people who apply visa extension is also too high as every one (3x) visa expires same time.

Hope that processing time will come down in another couple of months , from 2011 as it was stopped, so there will be no people for further extension.

The same backlog would be experienced in 2015. as every one will apply for ILR.