ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First passport post naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dolphingirl47
Newly Registered

First passport post naturalisation

Post by dolphingirl47 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:20 pm

I have recently applied for British citizenship and also I know it could be weeks or months until I find out my fate, I have started to look at the next steps like the passport application. Now I am having a quiet panic.

I am German and came to the UK on 15th July 1996. I got married to my British husband in 1998. So I have been here a long time and never thought I would be in a position to be able to afford applying for British citizenship. Anyway, things have changed.

I spotted on the list of supporting documents that one of the is the passport on which you entered the UK. Do they mean this literally? If they do, I am sunk. I no longer have any of my old passports, just the one that is currently valid. I am not even sure if I entered the UK on my passport or on my German ID card, which was perfectly legal to do.

Can anybody give me some pointers?

Corinna

stealth
- thin ice -

Post by stealth » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:18 am

I take it you are still German national. Perhaps you could contact the German Consultate in the UK for a new passport?

dolphingirl47
Newly Registered

Post by dolphingirl47 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:28 am

Yes, I am still a German national and I have a current German passport. So if by "passport that was used to enter the UK" that it they want a passport issued by the same country than the one I entered the UK with, then I am golden. If they want the actual passport that I entered the UK with ( the physical passport that I had at the point of entry) then I have a big problem. I had three new passports since and have not kept any of the cancelled ones. My current passport was issued in 2004 and is valid until 2014.

Corinna

Glc

Post by Glc » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:16 pm

You need to submit all your uncancelled passports. Uncancelled Passports by IPS definition include the passport which you are currently using and those passports which are already expired, and which Have not had the corners cut off. If you have lost your previous passports then just submit your most current one and indicate in your application that you only have one passport.

dolphingirl47
Newly Registered

Post by dolphingirl47 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Glc wrote:You need to submit all your uncancelled passports. Uncancelled Passports by IPS definition include the passport which you are currently using and those passports which are already expired, and which Have not had the corners cut off. If you have lost your previous passports then just submit your most current one and indicate in your application that you only have one passport.
Thanks. All the previous passports that I had were returned to me whenever I got a replacement with the corner cut off and have since been destroyed.

Corinna